M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys see the x games moto x? If not the winner was travis pastrana with a DOUBLE backflip. Pretty cool.
check it out .
And jr no ideas. :joke:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That guy is insane! :evil: Would land with a load I didn't take off with if I even thought I could do something like that :redfaced:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Listen to the throttle action. He pegs it while upside down. I wonder if that was intentional or sheer panic.
I know it has some effect on "inflight" rotation but maybe someone here knows for sure.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Freakin sweet. Not sure if it was him or not, but I saw a vide the other day of a guy working on this. He had some very soft sand in the landing area to pad his bad ones, but it still let him ride out the winner. It was impressive too.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
fyrmanjam said:
Listen to the throttle action. He pegs it while upside down. I wonder if that was intentional or sheer panic.Â
I know it has some effect on "inflight" rotation but maybe someone here knows for sure.
I would have to say it was intentional , because he was working the throttle the whole time to maintain his rotation :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Have any of you ever seen his back yard? It is a huge take off ramp where he does all his flips into a foam pit..........pretty amazing. This guy is awesome and he is also down to earth. Did you guys see earlier in the yaer when he was racing in a motorcross race and at the start finish line he tried(didn`t make it) a back flip? The AMA wasn`t too happy with him :evil: Anytime Travis is doing something I try to watch because you never have any idea what he is going to do next.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yep, Travis is Da Man! :bigthumbsup: I met him way back in the late 90's or early 00's just after he'd won one of the first X Games where he launched his bike into the Bay after doing a victory lap. The X Game folks were not happy at all about that little stunt. :D He is a very likeable guy and not at all stuck on himself like other stars. We carried on a 15 to 20 minute conversation just as if I was talking to one of my buddies. He's a great kid with big brass ones. :beer2: He and one other guy...Jeremy McGrath...have really advanced the sport of MX and Freestyle over the last few years. Jeremy is another very likebale guy who really appreciates his fans.

·
Registered
205 Posts
He competed in 4 event over the weekend and got Gold in 3...Best Trick, Moto Freestyle, and Rally Racing. He quall'ed Rally in the morning, did the double back flip that night, got gold in Rally Racing the next morning, beating Collin McCray, and quall'ed 1st in Moto Freestyle that evening. The kid is a freak. Wonder what they are going to do to top the double....

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
WIZARD said:
That's in my next 'bag-of-tricks' for the 109...
Hey Wiz... Do your sig pic while popping a wheelie, and then I'll be impressed.... :joke: :p Pretty sweet... I think I'll keep my feet on the pegs...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts