M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into moding my intake and really considering going to Holley route. I looked at the "How to" on this and seams like DLP doesnt sell the modified plate any more. Is there anyone still making the modified Holley plates for the 109?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
When I made the decision a few months back to go the Holley/Edlebrock route, I called DLP to see if they still carried the modified intakes. I was told they want to, but no idea if the same company would continue to make them, or if they could get another company to do the work for them.

Modifying the plates isn't too hard. I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel, and a rat-tail file to do the job. Then you'll need a gasket of some kind to seal up between the back of the mounting plate and the lip of the airbox.

Then just figure out how you want to mount the filter plate to the airbox, and the filter screen to the plate....several ways to do this. Home Depot was my friend on this mod for the hardware.

This is actually an easy mod to do once you get a plan and get started. Just take your time, measure twice, cut once, it'll come out great.

Some others here have done it different. Like I said, several ways to do this mod. :bigthumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts