M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone in the H-town area gonna do. Heck if some of you cats have time off from the J- LETS RIDE.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Wish I could ......cant do until Monday......you gotta work then?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Rain , Rain , Rain.......bummer :(

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got 2 hours in Sat. morning when I went to have my new grips installed. As luck has it I pulled into the garage as it started to sprinkle, soon followed by a deluge. But at least my 9 looks good sittin there. I spent the rest of my Sat pulling the tranny out of the Z28. I am getting a new converter and having a stroker motor built for it with plans of stepping up the N20 to a 175 shot on a progressive controller. Can't wait to get that done so at least I can give the 9 a rest. Soon as this weather breaks we'll have to get a ride together with some others.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Who is doing the motor ElectricZ28? I have a long time friend who is one of the best in the biz......teaches at SAM (school of auto. machinists) and does all of Horspower Engineerings' stuff as well as several others. He is about to have his own shop near my biz on the West side. I just sold my 96 LT4 Heads/Cam Vette coupe.....

What size stroker?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HPE is a bad word in my household being as they worked on my motor the night before it went boom. They of course accused me of doing it. All I did was turn the key the next morning and lost a few rods on a 49K mile mill. I have the suspicion they cracked one of the heads and it possibly hydrolocked. As that being said I don't think anyone who has ever worked for HPE will even have the chance of looking under my hood. I'm sure your bud. is a great guy in all but thats just my standing. I have plans of going back with a disclosed engine size due to the fact that my ride has been built to a sleeper status. Thanx for looking out-Z

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hear ya Z......my bud is leaving HPE for some of those reasons......their rep has brought his down to some degree.......love to check out your Z when you get her done ......

Do you primarily drag race or is there any road racing in your back ground? I did a fair amount of SCCA pro solo and other autoXing across 20+ years with some open track days in there too...... :evil:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had it at Baytown a few times. Mostly to see if the mods were money well spent & best I could pull off in the 1/4 was high 11's on motor. Looking for low 11 sec. timeslips or better with the new setup.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My 96 LT4 Vette coupe had a full heads/cam setup (with a mild cam - GM Hot Cam 218/228 112, very streetable)

It made 380 rwhp with 4.10 gears and I was able (with my big azzz 6'1" 275lbs) to run 12.00 @118 on a decent night on drag radials. Should have gone more cam like a CC 306 or something - would have easily topped 400 and run solid mid 11's ........ she is gone now to a good home in Virginia.

Loving having a bike again for now......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts