M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by my dealership today, they had a copy of the new accessories catalogue for the 109.  In it there is a picture of a set of case guards, has anyone put a set on and then added Kury or some other type of peg to it?  It looks like you should actually be able to adjust the pegs for a comfortable height!

Cliff

·
Registered
572 Posts
WOW that looks sweet...

Just curious... can these handle the weight of my 6'5" and 290 pound self using them?

Don't want to cause issues ;)

·
Registered
544 Posts
BigBen said:
WOW that looks sweet...

Just curious... can these handle the weight of my 6'5" and 290 pound self using them?

Don't want to cause issues ;)
I can answer that this week i hope.
that bike belongs to emvanderpol but im doing the same setup.
Infact i purchased some extensions from emvanderpol to do the job
plus some kury pegs and clamps from cruiser customizing.
I'm 6'1" 250lbs so my evaluation on support should be good for you.

Mike

G

·
I was told by my dealer last week that those engine guards will not be shipping until August 3rd. The jury is still out on just how secure they are going to be. When I looked at where I believe the mounting points are going to be, they look marginal at best. Guess time will tell. I did order a set and when they come in I will post some pix or they will go up on E-bay.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I got this mod on the bike last night.It was a bit of a bitch with my big hands working the quick clamps around the down tubes but i got it done.Still only took me about 1/2 to do both sides.
I plan on a couple hundred mile ride today so i'll give a comfort report some time tonight.

Here's what the mod looks like except i used the small ISO's for pegs and set my clamps lower then emvanderpol did.
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=2438168

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
06MrMike said:
I got this mod on the bike last night.It was a bit of a bitch with my big hands working the quick clamps around the down tubes but i got it done.Still only took me about 1/2 to do both sides.
I plan on a couple hundred mile ride today so i'll give a comfort report some time tonight.

Here's what the mod looks like except i used the small ISO's for pegs and set my clamps lower then emvanderpol did.
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=2438168

Mike
Mike,
Glad to see you got them. You gotta love priority mail. Show some picts when you get time. I may lower mine too.

Gene

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well my ride turned out to be about 300 miles and let me tell you ,having another place to lay my feet made a world of difference in comfort.I had to stop once on the road to make some clearence adjustments between the hway pegs and shift/brake levers but once that was done it felt awsome.
I could acctually lay my feet over the pegs if i wanted which at 6'1" i didnt think would be possible.
I'll get some pics up tonight,we got caught in the rain a couple times so i need to wash the bike first.

Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
06MrMike said:
Well my ride turned out to be about 300 miles and let me tell you ,having another place to lay my feet made a world of difference in comfort.I had to stop once on the road to make some clearence adjustments between the hway pegs and shift/brake levers but once that was done it felt awsome.
I could acctually lay my feet over the pegs if i wanted which at 6'1" i didnt think would be possible.
I'll get some pics up tonight,we got caught in the rain a couple times so i need to wash the bike first.

Mike
Could you please post some links to the sites that sell the parts for those of use who want to do the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
KY-8064 1 Male Mount 2 1/2" Footpeg adapters
KY-1001 1 Magnum Quick Clamps 1-1/2" I.D.
any pegs you choose
Unfortunetly you need 2 different peg mounts with the above listed items
on the right side of the bike you need a KY-4503 Right Angle Footpeg Mount
and on the left side KY-8088 Kuryakyn Magnum Peg Mount

emvanderpol happen to pick up both sets of peg mounts to do this mod so he had 2 extra
mounts which i purchased from him plus the other stuff mentioned above.Your best bet is to
find someone else that wants to do this mod so you dont have to buy both sets of mounts.
I hope this makes sence.

Mike

·
Registered
216 Posts
06MrMike said:

Mike
Looking forward to seeing some pic's of this.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Mike nice job on hgwy pegs they look great. Looking to do something for the long rides. Considering those Eng. gaurds form Zuk and the some Kury pegs.

G

·
I ordered the engine guards 2 weeks ago hoping to add highway pegs. I was told yesterday they won't be in until Aug 8th along with the backrest hardware and rack....

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm wondering if the pegs will stay folded up with the setups pictured and long extentions? I'm buying the engine guards and plan on using them as my mount point. I just hope they are strong enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts