M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to get your guys opinions. When riding at night, when you meet a car do you dim your lights or just leave on the high beam? Seems that when I dim my light I cant see s#$t.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It depends really. If someone flashes me I will dim the lights. I run with my bright and my little Walmart driving lights on.

I always close one eye when passing an oncoming car at night so there is less time to readjust to the darkness.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Always dim, it's the law.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I would suggest to simply not outride your low beams at night.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If I have issues seeing far ahead, I "drive by the line", pay attention to the white line while visibility is lower in the distance. If there is traffic coming toward you, you can use their lights to see also. A combination of all of the above gets me through.
Running your high beams is just asking for trouble, not to mention a ticket.

May I suggest adjusting your headlight up a little if it's that bad??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would suggest to simply not outride your low beams at night.
:agree::agree:I dont ride at night alot but just came back from a friends house and notice how bad it was and just throwing it out there for the opinions. Keep them coming:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yup

:agree::agree:

Sounds to me like you need to get an HID and ditch that stock.
how did i know this was comeing!!:joke: I agree though I don`t have a HID but want one just need the coin first!! hey ryno how is the testing going with the new design

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
how did i know this was comeing!!:joke: I agree though I don`t have a HID but want one just need the coin first!! hey ryno how is the testing going with the new design
There was a glitch so I have the $70 HID kit back in there. Just in time for the trip this weekend.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If I have issues seeing far ahead, I "drive by the line", pay attention to the white line while visibility is lower in the distance. If there is traffic coming toward you, you can use their lights to see also. A combination of all of the above gets me through.
Running your high beams is just asking for trouble, not to mention a ticket.

May I suggest adjusting your headlight up a little if it's that bad??
:agree: I adjusted mine up alittle and use a different bulb with a whiter light beam.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I ride with my highbeam on during the day, but at night I use the headlight as I would those on a car. You don't leave your highbeams on when you encounter an approaching vehicle from the opposite direction, do you? It's very inconsiderate if you do.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I hate getting high beamed, and I know its the law but I would rather high beam someone than run off the road in a curve because im tring to be curtious.
If you can't see with your low beams you either need to get your low beams re-alighned or not drive at night but yes go from high to low when you see an oncoming car. Not only is it the law but if you blind him and he swerves into your lane, your screwed anyway.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Before I installed my HID light I would dim to low beam. Since the HID is so much brighter than the high beam I dont. Actually not many cars will flash me with the high beam on so it probably isnt that bright anyway.

Just leave the high beam on and see how many people flash you back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:cop:I know, I know its the law. I do dim when meeting a car just wanted to get the opinions. As I said I hardly ever drive at night but am considering upgrading to the HID kit. Wow didnt think I would so much good input:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts