M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 8k on my 9 now so I changed the fuel filter and spark plugs, since it was feeling a little sluggish. Both strainer and plugs were filthy. Crunk it up and now my idle is running 1200-1300 rpms. I went onto my power commander and it said no map found. This is after I had a custom map done about two months ago. I also went with a colder plug (NGKCR9EK). would the plugs cause this? Any solutions would be appreciated.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
The new plugs won't cause it. It's usually caused by starting the bike too soon, you need to wait until everything gets done calibrating before starting it. Try that and if it still idles high, unhook the battery for an hour or so.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have seen the PC3 lose a map on a couple of occasions. I suspect my battery going bad was the culprit on one ocassion. The second time it happened I called Dynojet and did a remote hookup over the internet and they discovered my PC3 had gone bad. I sent it in and they discovered that one of the adjustment buttons on the unit was sticking. They fixed it and sent it back to me. I sold the PC3 because I replaced it with another one so I wouldn't be without a bike for two weeks while the other was being repaired. If you have a laptop or can get your bike close to a computer call them and they can help you out on a remote hookup.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new plugs won't cause it. It's usually caused by starting the bike too soon, you need to wait until everything gets done calibrating before starting it. Try that and if it still idles high, unhook the battery for an hour or so.
Yeah I always wait since I've heard of that before. I actually rode around the block a couple of times last night and it smoothed out some. I'll see what happens today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts