M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed the jsd-3 yesterday. bike started fine and ran fine. the next start the bike high idled at about 2k rpm and would not come down. shut it off and restarted. The idle was back at 1000. Anyone had the happen?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
longrider said:
installed the jsd-3 yesterday. bike started fine and ran fine. the next start the bike high idled at about 2k rpm and would not come down.  shut it off and restarted.  The idle was back at 1000. Anyone had the happen?Â
Yep, happened to Big Joe on our trip to Sturgis. Did the same thing but I don't think it has done it since. :dontknow:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had this issue about a dozen times (with and without the JSD). :verymad: Seems to happen if I do not let the fuel pump finish its sequence when first turned on. Don't know why tho :eek:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Had it happen once and hasn't since....................... doesn't worry me :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Flem said:
I have had this issue about a dozen times (with and without the JSD). :verymad: Seems to happen if I do not let the fuel pump finish its sequence when first turned on. Don't know why tho :eek:
I had it once under very similar conditions. YEs I have the JSD3m

Sledzep

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Installed the "old" JSD-3M with about 200 miles on the odo. Never had it happen before or after the JSD mod. I always wait for the fuel pump and "stuff" to go through the sequence. Perhaps this is the key?

·
Registered
514 Posts
So, if you do not let the bike go through and finish its power on tests..... you blame the JSD for not acting correctly???

Suggest that you let it finish before starting your bike.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
jeffw said:
So, if you do not let the bike go through and finish its power on tests..... you blame the JSD for not acting correctly???

Suggest that you let it finish before starting your bike.
If that's the problem for sure then we need to make a note of this. Do we know for a fact that this is the case? I'm not knocking your product Jeff, I think it's great and have been recomending it. It just seems like most of this high idle thing has popped up after the JSD is installed. If it's just a matter of not starting the bike too soon then that's good to know. :bigthumbsup: I guess I can go out and test that theory out and see.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Simply put, you don't start any f/i Suzuki bike before the POC tests are complete. No matter what mod that you have installed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was riding today and I ran over a nail and all the air leaked out of my tire. I too have the JSD-3. Hmmm, that's kind of wierd because I never lost any air BEFORE I bought Jeff's "Blamemyproductforallyourglitches-OMATIC"!
Yup, that's it, why didn't I figure it out sooner? Man do I feel dumb!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
J R said:
Personally I wait till I hear the fuel pump quit :doorag: :bigthumbsup:
Same here :bigthumbsup: ............................. well except maybe once or twice I haven't :redfaced:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Folks, this is the proper starting procedure:

1. Place bike in neutral and pull in clutch. Turn key and start engine.

2. Let the bike warm up for 15 minutes. During this time the ECU goes through its diagnostic checks.

3. After 15 minutes, shut down bike and wait 3 minutes.

4. Stand bike upright and check oil level. If it is sufficient, restart the engine.

5. Wait 3 minutes while the ECU goes through diagnostic tests.

Follow the above procedure and within 20 minutes you will be underway !!!!

Your welcome,
mania

G

·
I've only had my 109 for 1 week, so the only thing i know about it is what i've read in the manual.

the manual specifically says, start your engine promptly after turning your key to the "on" position. This will help preserve your battery.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jeff and JR are dead on with this one. I had a very similar problem with my 05 Busa. When I put the Power Commander and TRE on it the bike seemed to be a little more sensitive and was fine as long as I let it finish it's test before firing it up. Once it completes the test you are ok to start and I haven't had any issues with either bike under those circumstances. Any Suzuki dealer with any knowledge of the bikes will tell you the same. These bikes may be more sensitive to things like this when you put electronic based mods on them. (TRE, fuel management, etc.)

J R said:
Its like the space shuttle they don't just fire that bi*ch and launch it.Ya gotta make sure all systems are go first.Personally I wait till I hear the fuel pump quit :doorag: :bigthumbsup:
I don't think you could have put it better any other way. Anyone who has ridden/owned a Busa knows it is probably the closest thing to a land based space shuttle. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the JSD-3 (new one, green wires, no ground) installed and have not had the high idle problem occur. I am placing partial blame on the JSD-3 for the insane grin I have on my face when riding, though.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I received my 2nd generation JSD-3M in the mail today. I haven't even installed it and all kinds of weird things are happening.... my phone stopped ringing. My cats want to go play in the rain. My stomach feel funny. My bike suddenly looks more blue than purple and I swear I see scratches in the clearcoat that were not there last night. My toilet started running for no reason. Coincedence? I think not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts