M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got M1800R 2007, suddenly started to idle at 2500. Checked all airbox hoses, throttle, replaced ISC but it is still there...no F1. Pls advise next steps....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Your throttle cables might be sticking and not returning properly. Did you have anything apart recently?

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
That happens to mine every time I don't let the bike go through its start up sequence before I try to crank the bike. I will jump up to 2500 rpm's. Don't try and crank the bike until the speedo needle completes its full sweep.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Does the bike idle this way all the time? Or just occasionally?
If you find nothing wrong with the cables or intake/vacuum lines and you are 100% sure the issue is not with the ISC then you may have the same issue as below.
But please check for other issues first as the problem below is very rare and not usually the cause of this issue. The ISC valve or a bad hose is the problem 99% of the time and the service manual has step by step details for troubleshooting the ISC valve.

I recently had a customer send us a ECU that was corrupt, it was idling near 2000 RPM no matter what bin file you wrote to it.
We even installed this ECU in another M109R and got the same result, so that instantly ruled out any other on bike component issues and confirmed the ECU itself was the culprit .
The customer installed another ECU in his bike and it ran/idled fine.

If there is any other M109R owner near you, see if they will let you install their ECU in your bike for a moment and see if the problem still remains.
If the problem is the same with the other ECU installed then the issue is likely with some other component on your bike.
If the bike idles fine with the other ECU installed then you may well have a corrupt ECU.
If there are no other M109R owners near you, check Ebay to see if you can find an inexpensive used one for sale. (of course this can be a crap shoot as well, since you have no way to test the ECU before purchasing it, but I have purchased many this way and only had issue with one of them so far)

There is a note in the service manual that states ECU data can be corrupted if the ECU is removed/installed with voltage connected and recommends waiting at least 30 seconds after voltage is disconnected before removing the ECU from the bike.

The software we use does not have an option to adjust the idle set point in the ECU. (It is set from factory at 900 RPM)
But you can call your local Suzuki dealer and see if they have the SDS software (Suzuki Diagnostic Software) which is capable of changing the idle set point value, if they do they should be able to diagnose your ECU to see if the idle set point value has been corrupted and they may be able to reset that value back to 900 RPM if it has.

BCS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks to all, done all checks step by step - cables, hoses, ISC. It was throttle`s servo. it is riveted. So took a look inside of servo - 2 plastic cogwheels, one has broken tooth, but after we turned over smaller wheel and put all back on bike it came to 900 rpm. Anyway, I bought used servo already and will replace when have some time. Cheers.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
thanks to all, done all checks step by step - cables, hoses, ISC. It was throttle`s servo. it is riveted. So took a look inside of servo - 2 plastic cogwheels, one has broken tooth, but after we turned over smaller wheel and put all back on bike it came to 900 rpm. Anyway, I bought used servo already and will replace when have some time. Cheers.
Since the M109R is not throttle by wire, I am wondering what part you removed and are calling the throttle servo?
I am assuming its the larger black item in the photo below which is the STVA (Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator). That is the only thing on the throttle body I know of that is a servo and would have 2 plastic cogwheels in it.
6 & 7 are the TP (Throttle Position) and the STP (Secondary Throttle Position) sensors. I have not had either of these items disassembled but have always assumed they are both potentiometers.

BCS

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does the bike idle this way all the time? Or just occasionally?
If you find nothing wrong with the cables or intake/vacuum lines and you are 100% sure the issue is not with the ISC then you may have the same issue as below.
But please check for other issues first as the problem below is very rare and not usually the cause of this issue. The ISC valve or a bad hose is the problem 99% of the time and the service manual has step by step details for troubleshooting the ISC valve.

I recently had a customer send us a ECU that was corrupt, it was idling near 2000 RPM no matter what bin file you wrote to it.
We even installed this ECU in another M109R and got the same result, so that instantly ruled out any other on bike component issues and confirmed the ECU itself was the culprit .
The customer installed another ECU in his bike and it ran/idled fine.

If there is any other M109R owner near you, see if they will let you install their ECU in your bike for a moment and see if the problem still remains.
If the problem is the same with the other ECU installed then the issue is likely with some other component on your bike.
If the bike idles fine with the other ECU installed then you may well have a corrupt ECU.
If there are no other M109R owners near you, check Ebay to see if you can find an inexpensive used one for sale. (of course this can be a crap shoot as well, since you have no way to test the ECU before purchasing it, but I have purchased many this way and only had issue with one of them so far)

There is a note in the service manual that states ECU data can be corrupted if the ECU is removed/installed with voltage connected and recommends waiting at least 30 seconds after voltage is disconnected before removing the ECU from the bike.

The software we use does not have an option to adjust the idle set point in the ECU. (It is set from factory at 900 RPM)
But you can call your local Suzuki dealer and see if they have the SDS software (Suzuki Diagnostic Software) which is capable of changing the idle set point value, if they do they should be able to diagnose your ECU to see if the idle set point value has been corrupted and they may be able to reset that value back to 900 RPM if it has.

BCS
We will try those diagnostic checking for my friend's incoming M109 project. We'll just finish installing the rear bumper and blue ox towing parts on the truck this week before we can clear the garage and take her in. The bike is randomly idling at 2000-2500rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts