M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this? If I let the clutch out really fast (does not have to be rev'd up), the blue high beam indicator briefly flashes. Just got bike back from shop after repairs from hitting a deer. I'm thinking there is a wire loose somewhere that moves and sends juice to the indicator? They had to replace entire headlight assembly as well as some other parts.

Not a huge deal. Will have it looked at during first service.

Ride Safe, Rob

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah I get that too
Thought I was seeing things first couple of times
I thought I mustv'e been hitting the hibeam switch but that's not the case.
Doesn't seem to be a drama

·
Registered
532 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with the high beam indicator, but I want to know how you escaped with only a broken headlight after hitting a deer. Are you alright?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dude,
The big question is "Are you okay?????????"
If it's not too tough to rehash I'd be interested in the incident.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can search on this forum for "deerslayer". Here is a brief description.

June 21st. On the way to work - 4:45AM - all I see is a brown spot in front of me, I was focused further down the road. Doing about 65MPH. No time to hit the brakes (or I would have dumped it for sure).

Center punch a doe (about 175 LBS) and then I am stunned! Shaking like a mad-man. But did not go down. Get to work (about 1 mile from deer hit) covered in deer blood. Headlight is askew, right front runsignal dangling by the wires. Hair and deer crap on the bike, small dent in tank where she hit my right leg. Right shin still has a pretty good knot in it but black and blue is gone.

I am stunned. Have no idea how I made it through without more damage. Bike had 255 miles on it!!

Call cops, get police report. Deer is dead and cop has no idea how I walked away? Either do I. Someone was watching over me for sure. Bike goes to shop that day. Estimate is $3853!!! Got the bike back Saturday, July 15th.

All is well now. I still love this bike. Figure what are the chances of this happening again!? Rode today for 3 hours! Love this bike.

Ride Safe!!!
Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
RKP000 said:
You can search on this forum for "deerslayer". Here is a brief description.

June 21st. On the way to work - 4:45AM - all I see is a brown spot in front of me, I was focused further down the road. Doing about 65MPH. No time to hit the brakes (or I would have dumped it for sure).

Center punch a doe (about 175 LBS) and then I am stunned! Shaking like a mad-man. But did not go down. Get to work (about 1 mile from deer hit) covered in deer blood. Headlight is askew, right front runsignal dangling by the wires. Hair and deer crap on the bike, small dent in tank where she hit my right leg. Right shin still has a pretty good knot in it but black and blue is gone.

I am stunned. Have no idea how I made it through without more damage. Bike had 255 miles on it!!

Call cops, get police report. Deer is dead and cop has no idea how I walked away? Either do I. Someone was watching over me for sure. Bike goes to shop that day. Estimate is $3853!!! Got the bike back Saturday, July 15th.

All is well now. I still love this bike. Figure what are the chances of this happening again!? Rode today for 3 hours! Love this bike.

Ride Safe!!!
Rob
:eek: WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :bigthumbsup: glad you are ok.... Nice plate cover.... :doorag:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this problem too and had to rotate the clutch handle so it didn't hit it.

At first I thought it was a new safetly feature.   When ever I shifted the high beams flashed!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Started having that problem after taking a fall on my bike. Simply had dealer adjust the clutch level down a little and it doesnt make contact anymore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad you are ok man! That plate reminds me of the one I had on my warrior:

Top said "Harley? HARDLY!"

and the bottom said "Warrior 1700"

:D

·
Registered
254 Posts

Unbelievable

1 - 12 of 12 Posts