M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High beam Indicator stays on after LED headlight "upgrade". Has anyone else seen this issue or figured a solution?
I bought a switching ground module from a Lighting Company online that was supposed to be a remedy, and it done nothing.

Headlight itself switches from High to Low beam as it should, it's just the blue dash light that is always on.:mad:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have installed LED bulbs in several bikes and haven't had that problem. Make sure your grounds are good and tight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ground seems to be fine. Continuity checks out every time. But hey, I'll re-check, I ain't too good to be told. LOL

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had this problem too when I did my headlight upgrade. I swapped the Hi and Lo beam wires at the bulb connector so that the dash light would be off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That light isn't controlled by any electronic device such as a CAN-bus. It's only on because it's receiving power because the LED you got isnt the right orientation. Swap the wires like FRAPS did and you may be just fine.
Post a link to the light you used.
My cyclops works perfectly and I wouldn't trade it for anything except enough money to buy more.

Reactions: The Prospector

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Contacted Company that makes the whatzit I bought. Says I bought wrong thing. One I need is half the cost and free shipping.......:rolleyes:......REFUND......lol
Then again.....switching wires is easier and quicker

·
Registered
225 Posts
That light isn't controlled by any electronic device such as a CAN-bus. It's only on because it's receiving power because the LED you got isnt the right orientation. Swap the wires like FRAPS did and you may be just fine.
Post a link to the light you used.
My cyclops works perfectly and I wouldn't trade it for anything except enough money to buy more.
I love the Cyclops!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had this problem too when I did my headlight upgrade. I swapped the Hi and Lo beam wires at the bulb connector so that the dash light would be off.
Tried that this evening, only made my switch work in reverse, light does same thing. Always on, oh well, worth a shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts