M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raised my handle bars up yesterday a little bit more & also leveled out the controls on each each side...to set back my riding position a bit more 4 that new back rest. I noticed tonight that my high beam activates when the clutch lever is pulled all the way in...not a good thing 2B going on. Any ideas 4 a cause & effect...a fix appreciated???

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Loosen and reposition the control housing that the "flash-to-pass" switch is located on so it clears the lever like it did before you moved the bars.

G

·
Loosen and reposition the control housing that the "flash-to-pass" switch is located on so it clears the lever like it did before you moved the bars.
The control housing has an indexing pin cast into it to keep the control housing from rotating during use. You have to drill a new hole in the handlebar for the new location. I did it on mine. It's not too difficult.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS!

The control housing has an indexing pin cast into it to keep the control housing from rotating during use. You have to drill a new hole in the handlebar for the new location. I did it on mine. It's not too difficult.
Alright Pegasus...now that makes a Hole lot a sense! Appreciate U :bigthumbsup

BTW...since my last reply 2U was blocked on my National Day of Prayer post...I just wanted 2 let you know that I am of no denomination...just a Bible believing Christian who loves the Lord so much cause He has forgiven me 4 so much.I never preach or talk about my faith when I go on rides with others unless someone wants 2...as a matter of fact there's probably some that would even call me a hypocrite because of some of the freedoms I do enjoy...not sin to have a drink or 2 in moderation 4 example...some people are just critical of everything somebody dose & talk **** about you...I really hate that & have no use 4 them. I am sorry that I got you upset...thanks again 4 the fix info...will have 2 get right on it before the :cop: or some body else thinks Im look in 4 trouble;)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Really? Mine's an 07 and you just loosen & rotate, no index pin on it. What year is yours?

Hey there's nothing wrong with giving the guy ahead of you the "I'm about to pass your Azz!" highbeam treatment everytime you shift. :joke:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I didn't do any drilling....kinda took the opposite approach. I ground down the little nub that fits into the hole in the bars that way you Can position the controls anywhere you want to.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is exactly what I did. I did find that the reach for clutch was slightly awkward but hey, I'm not in my lower gears to often cuz I'm ahead of everyone. ;)

I do like the idea of grounding down the pin though. I might look at that this winter.

Paul

You can also loosen the bar clamp for the mirror / lever and adjust your lever position slightly to avoid engaging the button

G

·
Really? Mine's an 07 and you just loosen & rotate, no index pin on it. What year is yours?

Hey there's nothing wrong with giving the guy ahead of you the "I'm about to pass your Azz!" highbeam treatment everytime you shift. :joke:
07 too. Maybe your index pin has been removed.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I filed the pin down on mine too. It still clamps plenty tight enough that it's not going to come off.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DANG>>>Soooo EASY RIDER

I didn't do any drilling....kinda took the opposite approach. I ground down the little nub that fits into the hole in the bars that way you Can position the controls anywhere you want to.
Wow...have 2 roll with G.R. on this one! Obviously my pearl WhiteStar is a 2007 too...that hole pin tab thing had me believing because it wouldn't rotate. Guess what it was? After I removed the 2 machine screws...it was the adhesive holding it to those fat custom grips I put on there about a year ago LMAO...just 2 simple! No holes, pins ,etc. Now I gots 2 go 4 a ride up the street & some people :drool:later:bigthumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts