M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out today that the 2007 M109R LE I bought in February has a HID Conversion Kit on it. I found out by realizing that I had no headlight. I open the cover and see the bulb has exploded and the base of the bulb is melted into the headlight plug. The headlight area now buzzes when I turn the key to the ON position to start the bike. The kit is made by HID Lighting Company out of Hong Kong.

Should I just replace the conversion kit with another one or should I just replace the bulb and plug? My only thing is if I replace the bulb and plug, I'm afraid that the ballast might be bad and I will blow another bulb and plug. Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get Kit 1 or 2? I'm not sure which kit to get. I'm assuming since the current bulb plug in my bike has a magnet in it, that it would be kit 2. Can I still get Kit 2 at that price? How do I order one?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No other answers or suggestions? Where's Hink when I need him?

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Did you get Kit 1 or 2? I'm not sure which kit to get. I'm assuming since the current bulb plug in my bike has a magnet in it, that it would be kit 2. Can I still get Kit 2 at that price? How do I order one?
You can get those kits at the prices posted. I was the one that set up the original HID group buy on these kits.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
mine humms pretty loud and it works fine. it quites down after awhile. you need to figure out why it blew the first time.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought a whole new HID Kit from A&R. I ordered the 8000K kit and the one listed on their website. SHould be here by the end of the week. I also got a sissy bar coming this week too!! Got some work to do end of this week..

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
mine humms pretty loud and it works fine. it quites down after awhile. you need to figure out why it blew the first time.
:agree:but goes right away I pretty sure it's normal has something to do with the ballest being so close

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I bought a whole new HID Kit from A&R. I ordered the 8000K kit and the one listed on their website. SHould be here by the end of the week. I also got a sissy bar coming this week too!! Got some work to do end of this week..
Did you get the group buy price? I have it listed in the Bang fr the Bucks thread. 99% of the people go with the 6000k bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts