M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autozone, Advance Auto,I'Really, all carry HID bulb that will work on our bike,one of our fellow 9ers pit it in his bike first 3 more of us followed.suit, bulb.is bright, and hi beam is ridiculously bright, the 1st guy has been running them for about 4months the rest maybe 2 and no issues as of yet.Only takes about 10th min. to install, only costs 20 bucks or forty if you opt for the ultra.It's not the HID kit but it works just as well.:doorag:

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's just a bulb called HID because it matches the same Kelvin temperature as true HID lights. But the most important part is the bulb's lumens. That HID bulb doesn't come close to the 3200 lumens of true HID lights. An HID kit can cost as cheap as $75.00 which also last longer than a halogen bulb. Cost savings on a true HID kit is actually better than a expensive (example PIAA bulb, you didn't state which brand you purchased) high end bulb.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
regular high intensity car bulbs filaments dont last with the vibration that our bikes give, my silverstar went out real fast, I went to a motorcycle shop and got the hyper white bulb from PIAA they work killer and handle the vibration, plus I ride with the high beam on during the day, a buddy said its like a welders arc flash, and at nite the low beam, its almost like a high beam, but no one flashes me and if they do great they really saw me:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
If it was just a bulb, it is not an HID light/kit. It is just a marketing ploy for people to think it is an HID. As stated above I am sure it is because of the color being shined. Either way, if you like it is all that matters.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Autozone, Advance Auto,I'Really, all carry HID bulb that will work on our bike,one of our fellow 9ers pit it in his bike first 3 more of us followed.suit, bulb.is bright, and hi beam is ridiculously bright, the 1st guy has been running them for about 4months the rest maybe 2 and no issues as of yet.Only takes about 10th min. to install, only costs 20 bucks or forty if you opt for the ultra.It's not the HID kit but it works just as well.:doorag:
that sounds like the silverstar I run the ultras in my truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts