M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody that is running an HID light have a recommendation for a good kit that won't break the bank? I'm not sure what budget I have set but I have seen kits form $30.00 to hundreds of dollars.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
A&R Motor Sports makes a great kit. They start at $70-$110 on the group buy pricing.

Check out the Bang for the Bucks Mod link in my signature, it is listed in there.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
A&R make great kits. Plug N Play for easy installation. I have been very satisfied with the kit I have from A&R. They have great customer service as well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I didn't know that A&R motorsports was located here in Texas. Heck, they are just 20 minutes away from where I live. Too bad they are closed today, I'll stop by tomorrow and purchase the Hi and Low beam kit. I'll mention the forum to see if that gets me a discount.

Also, anybody know which temperature bulbs are on the newer Cadillacs or close to it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have had nothing but good luck from DDM. They are priced right.

I also used a cheapo Ebay kit about 7 years ago...still running it lol

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
Guess I'm in the 1% :D. I'm running the 8000k..flawless for the past 2 years.. Wish I could tell you the brand though, don't remember..bought it from DLP when they first began selling them for around 125..Maybe someone could chime in on the brand..
Move over, I'm part of that 1% too. :D

I have the same kit and it didn't have a name on it. Just "Special for Moto Use" on the top of the box. I just ran across a picture of it.

I have a 5000K dual kit here from http://www.ddmtuning.com/ that appears to be good quality. You get two complete kits for around $70 shipped, or a single kit for about half that. With a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the ddm 55watt 8000k kit. Wish I did it a long time ago. BTW thanks Zoom for the tip on not having to cut the boot. It was some what of a PIA but worth it. Going to get the kit for my truck as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts