M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In a stroke of pure genius, my now fiancee told me that her Motorcycle CHP ex-hubby is selling his 2006 m109r with less than 5k miles on it for $3700.00. The cost to pay off the title as he never rides it. So we bought it with the intention of flipping it as I was thinking we could at least get $6K or $7K for it.

The problem is..... I rode it! Now I do NOT want to sell it, no how, no way! In 5 days I got it registered, insured, replaced the rear brakes, changed the oil and took my riders permit test. I am obsessing about every nuance of the beautiful silver machine, every article, every ad, every click-able link on the web that has anything to do with the M109r has since been clicked. The best forum I have found for our bikes, and there is I think 3 of them, is this one hands down. Thank you for investing so much time, money and effort into this, I very much appreciate it.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about riding safely, turning properly, road etiquette and how to best operate the bike. I think 3000 rpms is the right cruising speed, does that sound right? Like if I am in a 35 or 45 MPH zone, I use the gear that stays around 3000 rpm. Sorry for the long post, I am having so much fun and I am so excited! Thank you, Thomas. :p

P.S. If there are any local riders, I would love to ride with you and learn how to ride the bike properly, it deserves as much.

·
Registered
426 Posts
:welcome:and:congrats: on the ride.Two important things do not go into 2nd like a wimp and watch out for the MOD BUG.You will love it more every time you ride it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm in Carson to the north of you but I'm up for a ride as well. Let's figure out where we can meet up.

Congrats on the new Bike!
Welcome to the forum. These guys know everything there is to know about this bike. You will have fun here.
Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
In a stroke of pure genius, my now fiancee told me that her Motorcycle CHP ex-hubby is selling his 2006 m109r with less than 5k miles on it for $3700.00. The cost to pay off the title as he never rides it. So we bought it with the intention of flipping it as I was thinking we could at least get $6K or $7K for it.

The problem is..... I rode it! Now I do NOT want to sell it, no how, no way! In 5 days I got it registered, insured, replaced the rear brakes, changed the oil and took my riders permit test. I am obsessing about every nuance of the beautiful silver machine, every article, every ad, every click-able link on the web that has anything to do with the M109r has since been clicked. The best forum I have found for our bikes, and there is I think 3 of them, is this one hands down. Thank you for investing so much time, money and effort into this, I very much appreciate it.

I am trying to learn as much as I can about riding safely, turning properly, road etiquette and how to best operate the bike. I think 3000 rpms is the right cruising speed, does that sound right? Like if I am in a 35 or 45 MPH zone, I use the gear that stays around 3500 rpm. Sorry for the long post, I am having so much fun and I am so excited! Thank you, Thomas. :p

P.S. If there are any local riders, I would love to ride with you and learn how to ride the bike properly, it deserves as much.
Congrats. I live in LA. U got ur self an awesome bike. Im always down for a ride and I do my own work if u ever need anything advice.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Congrats on the awesome deal. Lots of power. Downshifting can sometimes be a significant emotional event. Ride safe fellow niner. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome:

Spend some time reading the FAQs as well as the thread discussing the best inexpensive must-have mods. You will save a ton of money when the mod bug bites you. :joke:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: Funny story on how you ended up with the bike.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
:welcome:and take it easy on the beast. I would suggest takin a motorcycle saftey course, which will help you learn how to handle the beast properly. Ride safe and let the mods began:bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:congrats::welcome:

Log me as one more vote to take the rider safety course.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You definitely found the best forum on the planet for the M109R...:congrats:

Have fun on the bike....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Oh man are you going to have a lot of fun riding that bike!!

And yeah I hope the MOD bug is kind to you as well :D

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Congrats on the awesome deal. Lots of power. Downshifting can sometimes be a significant emotional event. Ride safe fellow niner. :bigthumbsup:
:agree: Be very careful as to when you select to downshift on this bike. Going from 3rd down to 2nd can be a frightening experience if you it at a speed that is too high. As for downshifting from 2nd to 1st...I don't do that at all until the bike is at a dead stop or darn close to it. There is just so much power, torque, and engine combustion set up in the bike, that downshifting has to be one of the many things you practice and become proficient in doing right away.

:congrats: on the bike, and I hope you make a lot of knew friends out there in CA, and you all enjoy many nice rides together.

·
Registered
506 Posts
So first you rode his wife, now you are riding his bike (which he flat out gave it to you, considering the price). Did you get his pipe too ?
No matter what, DO NOT ask this guy for any safety riding tips !!!
:welcome:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts