M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Craig from Auckland, New Zealand here, I've been riding sports bikes and then motards for years and test rode a 9 for the first time two weeks ago and I was sold! COmfy, grunty and looks cool. I believe this is the start of a long term cruiser relationship.

I've been a registered member for a couple of weeks now trawling through the forums gathering as much information as I can before a purchase.

I really wanted a new black with orange stripe bad boy but can't stretch $$ to reach that hence I'm looking secondhand. I am torn between two bikes at the moment and really wanted everyone's thoughts on the options:

bike #1 08 Black m109r 40,000kms with brand new metzelers all round
bike #2 07 blue with white stripe LE 26,000kms

I can get the LE for $500 cheaper so it's neither here nor there.

Here's where I'm torn though, I really wanted a black one and the black one is at a local bike shop that I like. BUT it has 40,000kms on it and will be worth bugger all after I put another 20,000 on it over a couple of years.

the LE is nice and almost half the kms on it but is blue and white which wasn't my first choice and is at another shop some two hours trip away. Nice ride though ;)

Nice place to be in choosing between two bikes but confusing all the same.

Welcome everyone's feedback...

Craig

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
:welcome: to the group here,ALL 9's are prized positions but the 07 LE is very nice, and the fastest of nines..........

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I don't have either color. But, if I had to choose I'd go with the 07' LE. I always liked that blue and white,and the lower mileage is a plus, IMHO it's the best LE combination. Good luck with your decision.

:welcome: to the Forum:bigthumbsup:

P.S. just so you know, the 07' pearl white is the fastest color:joke::D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KK ENG - yep lots of people have told me who used to own it and how well he looked after it. I guess my real issue is onsale value. I'm likely to put 20,000kms in a couple of years on it as I commute to work and am planning some big trips, one of these with 60,000 is likely to devalue greatly.

I agree Colemans is a great shop and this too doesn't make my decision easier. I have done a lot of business through those guys and they have always looked after me.

I can't look past the fact that a lower milage, LE edition in blue (my fave LE too) is there.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Bitch to the dealer about the price of the Black and the high miles then paint an orange stripe on it and you get what you want, my nine is just about to hit 60,000 miles (96,000km) and no problems I have not caused myself.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
:welcome:

Either one will work fine, I wouldn't worry too much about the miles. Consider the cost of the paint and paint the LE black if you would rather have it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Go with the Black dude.....I know the 'old' owner well and it has been really well looked after.......when I say 'old' I mean real 'old'...lol :D ;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
So are we. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, took an 'extended' lunch break today seeing as the weather was fabulous and I couldn't wait to get out and see more 9s in the flesh. Went to Botany Honda to check out a Blue LE in the flesh, very nice! On the way back I stopped in at Colemans to see if I could haggle Matty out of some more money only to find out the black one sold over the weekend...such is life. There's a nice On behalf one in there with only 8000kms on it but they can't do deals as well on that, anyone know who's bike it is? By the by I'm trying to convince Matty to bring the Blue LE one up for me from MotoGB at the Mount as I want Colemans lads to have something out of it (as I've said they've been good to me) plus i'd rather not risk riding there on my bloody uncomfortable sports bike only to find out they're not offering a good trade in.

So it looks like, unless a black one comes up anytime soon I'll be grabbing the Blue LE ;) let the fun begin (& customizing). :doorag:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, I've been chatting with him and I really like that one and would be keen as although my ZX10 must sell first, which is an option. Will see what happens with the LE this week, bike still on trademe so we'll see what happens.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts