M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from down under. First time poster, long time reader he he. But seriously i'm very honoured to have become a member of the M109Riders forum. I'll start by saying i have yet to receive my 9 but i have placed a deposit on a brand new 2010 LE which will hopefully be in my driveway by Dec.
I have gone through a slow progression of bike sizes. Started off with a vespa :redfaced: then to a yamaha virago 250cc :doh: and currently a vstar 650 on which i rode on a charity ride to the snowy mountains and back (1800 km) in 3 days which was one of the greatest expeiriences of my life.
3mths ago i was seriously looking at buying a honda fury but had a look at the 2010 LE 9 and :bow:. I said i have to have one. I rode one on a demo day and was blown away. For the past 3mths i have been reading almost every post in this forum. I think that the 9 is a work of art that will rip your :edit: head off if you disrespect it.
My avatar is exactly like the bike i'll be getting and it will come with some mods such as Cobra black tri-pro 2 in 1 pipes, k&n filters, iso chrome grips,cobra fi2000 and hopefully more. Which leads my to my first question, can get any suggestions on what else should be done ?
I look forward to your replies and hope to catch up with any 9's from the inner west of sydney for a ride come christmas time. Cheers Toro9

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mods

Add a GIPro and 2" lowering bones. And your good to go.
WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Additional must have mods: lowering bones, stebel horn, and memory foam seat.

You have a made a very wise choice selecting a 9.
:welcome::congrats: in joining Niner Nation.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Nice. Wish that we could have one of those in the States. We were excluded from the 2010's.
Welcome to the board! :welcome:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
:congrats::welcome:

I agree with the above, but kind of think you should get used to it first then go with the bones so at least you have a baseline to compare, but if not. Enjoy!!!:D

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum. :bigthumbsup:

Check out the Bang for the Bucks mod thread, in my signature. There are a lot of great mods in there. I guess it all depends on what you are looking to change and or improve. I am a big safety guy. HID, Stebel and back off module are great mods in my book.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Another one? you aussie niners breed like rabbits down there. :welcome:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
welcome:bigthumbsup:, theres been a lot of interest from aus for my custom fenders lately, ive shipped three this past week, you boys sure have modding fever:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
:congrats: on getting your 9 (when you get it) and :welcome: to the forum:bigthumbsup:

As far as which mod to do, it's all personal preference. But, like Rynosback said, a stebel and HID light would be good for safety.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome but i have few more questions for you

:2excited:A very big thanks to you all for the warm welcome and i have taken all suggestions on board. Thanks rynosback for the safety suggestions, they were on my what to do next list esp the horn. They move 4 sure when i use that. Now that our dollar is 1 for 1 with the us dollar i need to start shipping over some goodies HeHe...:evil: . Just a quick one for you all out there have any of you installed an air ride system in ? If so what other mods did you have to do to the bike to get this in place?. Does it effect the performance of the bike ?.
Oh and another thing , pls forgive me as i'm new to the whole forum thing, does changing the rear tyre and replacing it with a bigger one make it harder to ride? Of all the bikes i've had i've never moded them so i'm asking as a novice? :dontknow:. I've read that you can go bigger but what size and brand would be the best as i don't want to change the rim either ?.Does it also mean that the front tyre and fender needs to be changed too? Cheers toro9:2excited:

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
:2excited:A very big thanks to you all for the warm welcome and i have taken all suggestions on board. Thanks rynosback for the safety suggestions, they were on my what to do next list esp the horn. They move 4 sure when i use that. Now that our dollar is 1 for 1 with the us dollar i need to start shipping over some goodies HeHe...:evil: . Just a quick one for you all out there have any of you installed an air ride system in ? If so what other mods did you have to do to the bike to get this in place?. Does it effect the performance of the bike ?.
Oh and another thing , pls forgive me as i'm new to the whole forum thing, does changing the rear tyre and replacing it with a bigger one make it harder to ride? Of all the bikes i've had i've never moded them so i'm asking as a novice? :dontknow:. I've read that you can go bigger but what size and brand would be the best as i don't want to change the rim either ?.Does it also mean that the front tyre and fender needs to be changed too? Cheers toro9:2excited:
I had the Air ride, while it looked good parked , is was crap to ride and had a pogo stick effect to it. had to have it fully pumped up when riding 2 up. and im only 96kg 6'2 and with the missus on the back she is................ siht i cant remember lol, but not much.

you have opened a can of worms on the tyre.i have a Dunnie 250 on stock, but everyone will have a differant opinion on this....

some have 260 Metz, some have the 280, which is the wrong size technically.:bigthumbsup:

and no you dont have to change the front tyre, however a few dudes have the fatty on the front 130 i think they might be.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey scotty109 thanx for quick reply . I thought i'd be causin a rucuss with the tyre question but i had to ask. Well the air ride thing was more for the look ,i guess , than the performance but cause i'm bang on the same size as you i'll take the advice on board. Have you done any other mods i.e hwy pegs....?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Hey scotty109 thanx for quick reply . I thought i'd be causin a rucuss with the tyre question but i had to ask. Well the air ride thing was more for the look ,i guess , than the performance but cause i'm bang on the same size as you i'll take the advice on board. Have you done any other mods i.e hwy pegs....?
Yep Hi way Pegs.

2 pak black Wheels/ polished lip
Polished stand
Power Commmander
Gi pro/ Tre Gear Indicator
Stebel Horn
kuryakyn scythe mirrors
kuryakyn Grips with tips
Knight Rider LED- just for the wank factor lol
Tinted Tail Light and Indicators
polished levers

few other bitz.

gutted filters...changing them for these.http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330478229637&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Registered
36 Posts
Scotty, love the bike dude... I've also purchased the '10' LE, we look at your ride as the end result. Very nice!

·
Registered
108 Posts
ME TOO

Toro... welcome aboard mate.:agree: Im finding this out my self about the mods. Scotty,Bigeh, and the imput you get from other Aussies in the club is so helpfull ,along with the guys from the U.S., mate we cant go wrong. AND..... now that the Aussie $ is almost parity with the U.S.$ the pricing is good for us boys down under too.:bigthumbsup:
goodonya mate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts