M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I bought my Black '06 109 in July- all of the great info on this board was a big part of my decision.  A huge thanks to everyone for all of your great contributions. This is my first bike since selling my EX500 in 1995.  Talk about a night and day difference!  I'm really glad I listened to the overwhelming majority on here and took the MSF course; It has already saved my life more than once. I've got 3K miles on the bike now, and love it more and more with each ride. 

Anyway, I wanted to share a story about my ride today that most of you will appreciate.  I was riding on PCH in Malibu when I had to stop for gas.  As I was getting ready to leave, a guy pulled up to the pump next to mine on a silver '06 V-ROD.  He immediately came over to my bike ans asked where I got "that awesome custom Harley." I told him it was a $12,000 Suzuki, and he just about fell over.  He asked if it was fast, which made me grin ear to ear while telling him the bike's specs (bone stock).  Then the guy says "man that thing's bad- :edit:, I feel like an a-hole for paying almost $18,000 for mine." 

By the way, if anyone in or near the Conejo Valley is looking for someone to ride with, let me know!

·
Registered
443 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :clap2: :a18: :2cool: Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey cbxer55,

PCH is absolutely a cool ride.  How did you like the canyons around there?  I did Decker on Sunday, and this bike was a blast- there was definitely some peg scraping going on :D  I  hear you on the reflectors and smoked tail light with integrated turn signals- will absolutely be among my first attempted mods.  Be safe,

M109Rules

1 - 20 of 30 Posts