M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding noticed hi beam was out. I checked the fuse and changed fuse and checked bulb and it looked fine but I bought a new one with nothing. the head light runs fine but not hi beam. I saw the turning lights have inline fuses does thehi beam.Info please please?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
When Iswitch to hi the light just goes out and the trigger finger doesnt work
While I have no idea what your problem might be, one thing to keep in mind is that "the trigger finger" or Passing Switch never works when the selector is on High Beam.

·
Registered
159 Posts
it does sound like your switch is broken. if you have a volt meter, set it on ohms, check the bulb, should have some resistance, then check the plug on the bike, figure out which wires are for the high beam, with the switch on high, the meter should read zero. make sure the key if OFF, if you put power to the meter in the resistance mode it will blow it up......

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Just making sure that you know fuse #1 is the 10 amp hi beam and fuse #2 is 10 amp low:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
damn im having this prob too.. Low beam works, high beam doesn’t, when switching to high beam the headlight bulb doesn’t enage to the highbeam position, pressing the pass button does nothing and the blue high beam indicator doesn’t turn on either. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Seriously I would just change the bulb and see if that fixes it... Probably the easiest solution to start off with. I recall something similiar happening on my M50. If that fails I would do as the other members say and use a volt meter to the connectors and see what happens.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had the same problem.....high beam stopped working. Thought the bulb was burned out and was prepared to buy a new one. Was coming back from camping trip a few nights ago in the dark and was flipping the high/low beam switch back and forth and the high beam just spontaneously came back on. It has worked fine ever since. :dontknow:

Seems like the problem is with the switch....I wonder if some moisture got in there after riding in the rain?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Seriously I would just change the bulb and see if that fixes it... Probably the easiest solution to start off with. I recall something similiar happening on my M50. If that fails I would do as the other members say and use a volt meter to the connectors and see what happens.
i have a 8k i could test but that strikes me odd to switch the bulb because the low beam works and all the high beam is the light moved to a diff position to reflect light differently.

i'll do some f'n around with it tonight, worries me that the blue light indicator doesn't turn on either on the cluster column

owe'll we'll see.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I"d start out by pulling the plug and testing the plug. The two side by side are your lights, ones the high beam and the other is low beam. The third one is grown. Just check with a light meter. If their both working it means its the bulb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts