M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I had a day off this past Tuesday (Oct 3rd) and it was supposed to be in the 90's weather wise. So, I knew I was going to go for a ride, but couldn't decide where. I got a late start from the house (in Olathe, KS) and didn't actually hit the road until about 11:00 Am. But, decided to head down good ol' 7 HWY towards Warsaw, MO. I was taking it fairly easy with pace, but still wound up in Warsaw for a late lunch. Didn't see anything in Warsaw that interested me (food wise) so, kept heading down 7 until I got to Camdenton. I finally stopped at a sports bar to grab a burger. The ride down this far was awesome. The fall colors were coming in, the traffic had been very light and the weather was perfect. But, it was time to head back towards home. I never like doubling back the way I came on a ride, so I took off West on 54. I rode that all the way back to Ft. Scott KS and then up 69 HWY to home. 347 miles round trip. I was home by 5:30. Sure would have been nice to have a group to ride with, but it was a great day anyway.

·
Registered
248 Posts
We made a similar trip to Warsaw a few weeks ago. I can't remember where exactly we stopped in or near Warsaw but it was a greasy spoon restaurant called Dianthas, OUTSTANDING. Glad you had a good ride :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
fignewt3 said:
Ok, so I had a day off this past Tuesday (Oct 3rd) and it was supposed to be in the 90's weather wise. So, I knew I was going to go for a ride, but couldn't decide where. I got a late start from the house (in Olathe, KS) and didn't actually hit the road until about 11:00 Am. But, decided to head down good ol' 7 HWY towards Warsaw, MO. I was taking it fairly easy with pace, but still wound up in Warsaw for a late lunch. Didn't see anything in Warsaw that interested me (food wise) so, kept heading down 7 until I got to Camdenton. I finally stopped at a sports bar to grab a burger. The ride down this far was awesome. The fall colors were coming in, the traffic had been very light and the weather was perfect. But, it was time to head back towards home. I never like doubling back the way I came on a ride, so I took off West on 54. I rode that all the way back to Ft. Scott KS and then up 69 HWY to home. 347 miles round trip. I was home by 5:30. Sure would have been nice to have a group to ride with, but it was a great day anyway.
Not only do I have to hear about the wonderful trip at work, but now I have to read about it online also. :swear:
I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. I wish I could have gone. :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sboden said:
Not only do I have to hear about the wonderful trip at work, but now I have to read about it online also. :swear:
I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. I wish I could have gone. :D
:verymad: :evil: :joke: :bigthumbsup: you could have gone. you will hear even more about it at work, because i sent out an email telling all the riders at work about it and included you in that! are you going to Fuel with us tonight?

call me in intake!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts