M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
It looks like the front fender is modified a little, but other than that it's the entire front end off our bike.

Looks great though. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

And that's a good picture of what the crossover front brake lines look like.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
It's our whole front end! Looks bad Ass. Kinda looks like something jem would do!:bigthumbsup:
It looks like the front fender is modified a little, but other than that it's the entire front end off our bike.

Looks great though. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

And that's a good picture of what the crossover front brake lines look like.
:agree: that front end looks very good with the rest of the bike. looks great overall.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I've owned two CBXs in my time, a 79 and a 81. When I used to be a member of the ICOA, or International CBX Owners Association, it was quite common to see bikes in the quarterly magazine with different front and rear ends, usually Suzuki GSXR or Yamaha.

In any event, I never figured someone would put a M109R front end on one! Thats quite imaginative there, especially that it has a 240 out back. The stock tire for that particular bike, a 79 or 80 model, is a 120.

So he's pushing a double size rear tire, and a front tire that is bigger than the original rear.

I like that he is using the factory M109R turn signals, while so many here change them. Someone should tell him about the clear lens that are available.

The brake rotors are not from any M109R I have ewver seen. So it is not the whole front end after all.

WAY COOL!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The owner of that shop is well aware of the 109 as he has posted on this site a year or so back..if memory serves me correctly he even built a 109 or two. If it wasn't the shop owner himself, it might have been a member here that knew the shop owner....everything gets foggy after a weekend or two :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
The brake rotors are not from any M109R I have ewver seen. So it is not the whole front end after all.
Notice the design on the rotor hub matches the wheels. I think Coastal Moto sells matching rotors like that. If not them, one of the other custom wheel manufacturers does.

I like that bike more every time I look at it. I'm not sure I'd get rid of the 109 to have one, but it would be really tempting. Especially that one.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Notice the design on the rotor hub matches the wheels. I think Coastal Moto sells matching rotors like that. If not them, one of the other custom wheel manufacturers does.

I like that bike more every time I look at it. I'm not sure I'd get rid of the 109 to have one, but it would be really tempting. Especially that one.
Especially once you have heard the sound of a CBX breathing through a six-pack of open filters and a six-pack of megaphones! :bigthumbsup:

It is a literally a sound to die for.:drool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts