M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a strange turn of events! Took about a 300 mile trip through Florida back roads this Saturday and ended up in Sebring for their monthly bike show. I can't tell you how many people walked by to check out the bike and at some of the bars we stopped at, that asked if that was the new Honda.

I love it, now when people see a great looking bike their first thought isn't is that a Harley but is it a Honda. Since I own both I take that as a compliment and I hope other 109 owner do also. The vtx has created a great reputation and it took a while before other bikers realized what bike was kicking their butts.

Suzuki just took the vtx and made the improvements that Honda needs to make to the vtx. I fall more and more in love with this bike every time I ride it. My vtx is starting to collect dust! :eek:

Did some mods to the pipes today and just drilled around the baffles and made a couple of holes through them. Much better sound and love the sound when you decel. No to see if the cagers stop cutting me off because they can't hear me. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey man, your paint on the M109R is beautiful :bigthumbsup:

I'm still debating a paint scheme for mine as well as putting a couple of holes around my baffles too. I havent yet got the cohones to drill them yet tho. Do you have any regrets drilling yours?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruben said:
Hey man, your paint on the M109R is beautiful :bigthumbsup:

I'm still debating a paint scheme for mine as well as putting a couple of holes around my baffles too. I havent yet got the cohones to drill them yet tho. Do you have any regrets drilling yours?
Nope sounds great, I didn't remove the baffles because I wanted to take it slow. They sound great when you rev it up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Drill 'em. You can't go wrong with a $15 mod that makes the bike sound better.

VTX, did you drill the ends first or second? If second, did you notice an improvement over just the bafle drillin'?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FL109er said:
Drill 'em. You can't go wrong with a $15 mod that makes the bike sound better.Â

VTX, did you drill the ends first or second? If second, did you notice an improvement over just the bafle drillin'?
I picked up a 12" bit from homedepot and drilled around the baffles about 8 holes in each pipe. Then drilled down through the baffel end 4 or 5 times. I just kept adding holes to see how the sound changed. The idle sounds better but stilll not obnoxious. I love the sound when you give it some throttle. I look forward to getting it out on the road and hearing the difference there.

The bit only cost $7

·
Registered
600 Posts
I picked up this set of 5 -12" bits for $9 at Harbor Freight yesterday. The largest one is 3/8". If it isn't big enough to do what I want with one pass, I'll just drill more holes :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts