M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you might know i just got my fender form jem all fitted and on. now on to my main question.

do any of you guys run a PSI gauge to see the PSI that is in the system??

i am needing one of these to see were i can ride without rubbing my new fender!!

so any insight that you guys can give me into this would be great, and Hink i have searched this and found some things but want the communities thoughts and feelings on this. :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Why not find out how low you can go on your piston and weld a stop on it, so when you let the air out of your system, it wont go any lower than your stop?

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
It was a winter plan of mine to install one but never got around to it... but now that you have brought it up i may look into it again this weekend... If i come up with something clever, i'll shoot you a PM..

·
Registered
913 Posts
Or you can have special dog bones made for your bike. Raising your bike up maybe a 1/2" or 1". Any machine shop can do this, your bones will need to be shorter than your stock bones to raise it up some

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a winter plan of mine to install one but never got around to it... but now that you have brought it up i may look into it again this weekend... If i come up with something clever, i'll shoot you a PM..
thanks man, and we have a local guy in KC that awesome seat work. thanks for the heads up though!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
True, but if you weld a stop or get different bones, when you let the air out of your system, it will drop as low as possible with out touching your fender.
It's actualy a very good idea... Just adding to the length of the bone a bit would keep it at a set level when slammed..

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Wait a minute, I may have goofed...Some one correct me if i'm wrong but I believe you would have to shorten the bone to raise the height a bit.....My brain is on vacation tonight..

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,941 Posts
I remember when Lamont was first playing around with the air rides this was something he tried. I don't think he ever got one to work consistently. But he was playing with the Kewl Metal and trying to monitor the pressure on both sides of the cylinder so he could get both the same ride height and dampening back once he had changed it.

I think the only thing you could do with it is maybe set the static height, which you could also do visually. When riding every bump or dip in the road would change the pressure as the shock compressed and extended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts