M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I became a member of the Black 109 club on March 22 and all I have to say is WOW, I am loving everything about this bike.  :doorag: Due to my work schedule :mad: I only have about 800 Km (500 miles) on my bike and I am coming up to my 1k service. I live in Canada and up here the dealer is saying my first service will cost about $300. I think thats pretty steep but they told me that they like to put it up on the lift and go right through it. I haven't been experiencing any problems at all so far (knock on wood) but I was wondering if I should get the dealer to put a synthetic oil in or is the Suzuki stock blend a better idea? Also has anyone noticed that the heat-sinks on the radiator get pitted and dented from small pebbles? Wondering if there will be some aftermarket screen or if theres a quick fix like stainless mesh or something, any info would be great.

Thanks Lamonster, this site kiss azz :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Congratulations on the new bike and welcome to the board. I did my first service. No problems. The owners manual goes over some of the things to check at the service and how to adjust them.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
ZAcornn said:
Hey guys, I became a member of the Black 109 club on March 22 and all I have to say is WOW, I am loving everything about this bike. :doorag: Due to my work schedule :mad: I only have about 800 Km (500 miles) on my bike and I am coming up to my 1k service. I live in Canada and up here the dealer is saying my first service will cost about $300. I think thats pretty steep but they told me that they like to put it up on the lift and go right through it. I haven't been experiencing any problems at all so far (knock on wood) but I was wondering if I should get the dealer to put a synthetic oil in or is the Suzuki stock blend a better idea? Also has anyone noticed that the heat-sinks on the radiator get pitted and dented from small pebbles? Wondering if there will be some aftermarket screen or if theres a quick fix like stainless mesh or something, any info would be great.

Thanks Lamonster, this site kiss azz :bigthumbsup:
:welcome: :redfaced: ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:redfaced: Ya I meant this site kicks azz, not kiss :D Silly Canadians :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats on the bike. not done the first service yet (210 miles only).
i am a fellow canadian too!
canada rocks :evil:
That's probably why i live in the US now :p

G

·
quebecm109r said:
Congrats on the bike. not done the first service yet (210 miles only).
i am a fellow canadian too!
canada rocks :evil:
That's probably why i live in the US now :p
And another one here too! We sure do get around, don't we. :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
:beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts