M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I took my 109 to the dealership on 8/21/06 to have the cluch adjusted and
i have noticed a vibration when i accellerate around 60 mph. The dealership called me
on 8/22, and said that it was definitely a problem and that my bike hesitated between
3000 to 3600 rpm. They called suzuki and suzuki told them that they have not seen this
problem and that they should go thru the normal checks.  it is 8/25, and they have not found what is wrong with my bike. Has anyone else had this problem ? :mad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Somewhere in the range of 4,000rpm's I experience a flat spot for almost 1,000rpm's but to my chagrin it doesn't always seem to be there. Usually 4th gear at 4,000.
shift red

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
jsd and power commander. my bike now has great throttle response and smooth as butter

·
Registered
48 Posts
bad109 said:
jsd and power commander. my bike now has great throttle response and smooth as butter
What is confusing to me is why the Suzuki engineers didn't resolve this problem at least by the 2nd year. Why do we have to spend thousands of dollars for a bike that has so many fundamentally bad habits? You are suggesting we have to spend $300.00 to provide a smooth throttle!  My Honda's in the past were right on mechanically. The Kaw Mean Streak and Yamaha VMAX took a lot of money to make them "good bikes". The 2 Honda's were such that you could just get on and ride hard and put them up wet.  Well that is my bitching for the day.

shift-red

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shift-red said:
Somewhere in the range of 4,000rpm's I experience a flat spot for almost 1,000rpm's but to my chagrin it doesn't always seem to be there. Usually 4th gear at 4,000.
shift red
On 8/31 talked with the dealer, and they had someone come in from suzuki. They couldn't find what was wrong with my bike, but they did say it was a problem and that it didn't meet the spec.s in the book, but they checked a brand new 07 and it didn't either. The Suzuki rep worked on it all day comparing it with another bike and after a lot of testing, he found out that the throttlebody was bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts