M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I don't think it's been done for the 109 yet let me explain. When I rode my Yammi R Star someone was making brake light assy that incorporated the turn signals in the same cluster of LED lights as the brake & tail light. The middle was the brake/tail light and the sides were the left & right turn signals. Add to that a nice clear lens and the final part looked & worked awesome. I thought since the 109 had such a large distinctive brake light assy & most of you guys are dumping your stock signals for small bullet lights this would eliminate the bullet lights all together. I'm just thinking out loud.  :D

My Big Dog is sort of along these lines except my turn signals are also my brake & tail lights (no separate brake/tail assy) they all come this way from the factory and are DOT approved are very bright and work well. The new models also come with clear lenses.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Yeah, I think some people on the board have done the run, brake, turn modulator on theirs. Me personally... I think I'll pass. That makes the signals too close together for anybody to notice. In fact, I don't think it will even pass inspection in many states due to that fact. We have enough trouble being seen as it is. I don't wan't to add to that. That's just my feelings on that mod for my bike. I'm sure some people will want it to clean up the rear even more.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Medic1210 said:
Yeah, I think some people on the board have done the run, brake, turn modulator on theirs. Me personally... I think I'll pass. That makes the signals too close together for anybody to notice. In fact, I don't think it will even pass inspection in many states due to that fact. We have enough trouble being seen as it is. I don't wan't to add to that. That's just my feelings on that mod for my bike. I'm sure some people will want it to clean up the rear even more.
Medic I think I'll have to agree with you on this one I kind of like the idea of dumping the plastic in the rear and just remounting the stock turn signals to an after market plate which is what I'm going to do once my 109 comes. I guess that's why I never went with that mod on my Roadie I actually added more running lights to it to be seen better. The concept seems to work OK on my chopper but only for the fact the turn signal housings are big and bright. Â

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fl109 said:
Try the searh tab. This has already been discussed. :bigthumbsup:
That :edit: search button I always 4 get that option before I post something like this, I could have saved myself all this typing! :joke:

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think it would look pretty trick but in australia we would get dragged over the hot coals by the cops :cop:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts