M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we don't have a permanent roof on our So. Florida warehouse its only fitting that we get another one of these:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Glad all I have to worry about is tornados :eek: .................... they are not the size of a small state and last for days :yikes:

Good luck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Sorry for you Hal....
BUT
Hurricanes RULE!! ( I dont live in FLA) I am a weather junkie of sorts and have been through a few on LI and in NC.
Yes I was scared the last time (Fran) But I was stilled awed by the power.

I Love, Hurricanes, Thunderstorms, and Blizzards. You can keep your Tornados and Earthquakes (not weather). I dont want anything I dont KNOW is coming!!
If I can prepare, I can survive.

Sledzep

·
Registered
600 Posts
Duck, you sucker... :evil:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Duck, you sucker... :evil:

All I got to say is that one cool looking wall cloud .............. there is some nasty stuff arriving with that thing :eek:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Duck, you sucker... :evil:

THAT IS FREAKING AWSOME!!!

I NEED THAT!!!

That is the ONLY thing I miss from living in Raleigh. We had the best storm there. Maybe not this good, but the best I have had where I have lived.
NH did have some decent snow. Dont get me started on the joys of driving through Blizzards...

Sledzep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Sorry for you Hal....
BUT
Hurricanes RULE!! ( I dont live in FLA) I am a weather junkie of sorts and have been through a few on LI and in NC.
Yes I was scared the last time (Fran) But I was stilled awed by the power.

I Love, Hurricanes, Thunderstorms, and Blizzards. You can keep your Tornados and Earthquakes (not weather). I dont want anything I dont KNOW is coming!!
If I can prepare, I can survive.

Sledzep
Sounds like you've never been through one like we have. ::)

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103992&highlight=wilma

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Been through about 5-7. I can remember all the names. Some were when I was much younger.
I have had property loss, but never any injuries.

Sledzep
Like Hal said, we still have a temp roof from last year because after the insurance paid for the roof repair at the original estimate, the price tripled and nobody had time or materials to repair the roof right. ::) This building suffer over $1,000,000 in damages and our dealership in North Miami was looted several times besides the damages. Several of the employees lost everything and had to relocate and some were laid off because there was no building for them to work in.

So if we don't think "Hurricanes RULE!!" please try and understand why. ::)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I certainly dont wish any loss on anyone.
I can understand why you feel that way. Last fall? or the year before I tried to show my boys that you can drive on Daytona beach... we got there and there was no beach!

It is a shame that there were looters too.
I have had Hurricane damage in the past, and fell prey to the same sort of pricing issues. Same thing with Blizzards and Ice storms up north.
I still love to see/feel the power.

I hope Florida gets a full pardon from them for a few years...

Sledzep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quite literally I just had my roof replaced last week from damage sustained during the three Hurricanes from two years ago. Took me this long to come up with the needed money. Hopefully this one fairs better. News looks a little more promising now but these things have a way of changing. Good luck to us all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts