M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of a bike I just finished up for a memeber here on the board. I used my paint set then we traded out sets after it was done. I have not buffed it out yet and just wanted to post a few pics for him.

I took these in the parking lot and will take some better shots tomorrow. Started with a silver bike added the flames and then added silver flake over everything. Justin wanted to save the silver but give it a little more pop!

Not sure what that reflection is in the last photo but looks great in person.

Wait until you see Grant's bike! If everything goes right and the paint gods coopertate we should have a killer tangerine set done with the tank seam removed and a killer look by the end of the week. I am also doing my own bike since I no longer have my paint set. Seems some lucky member was going to Sturgis and wanted a custom job for the trip. Remember I have 2 working sets and we can do it so you avoid down time.





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Re: New paint for silver owners with a little silver flake on top

Looks killer man. Did you paint the tail end too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New paint for silver owners with a little silver flake on top

Ruben said:
Looks killer man. Did you paint the tail end too?
We did the fender, tank side panels above the side covers, rear end and seat cowl with flames and covered everthing with silver flake. I couldn't get a good shot of the whole bike in the parking lot but we will take some tomorow when we finish it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Re: New paint for silver owners with a little silver flake on top

vtxoak said:
We did the fender, tank side panels above the side covers, rear end and seat cowl with flames and covered everthing with silver flake. I couldn't get a good shot of the whole bike in the parking lot but we will take some tomorow when we finish it up.
:bigthumbsup:
 

·
Very Active Member
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
niiiice ghost flames! I've always thought the silver bikes would look great with some sort of charcoal graphics. Kind of like the "Eleanor" mustang from "Gone in 60 seconds" That color scheme rocks. Since this is a muscle bike, maybe some sort of variation on the old muscle car graphics, like the AAR cudas or boss 302 mustangs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
vtxoak looks awesome as always :bigthumbsup:
i should be ready to send you my parts in a few weeks,,, im still looking for something i like
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
texas109 said:
vtxoak  looks awesome as always :bigthumbsup:
i should be ready to send you my parts in a few weeks,,, im still looking for something i like
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
Damn fine job :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
It looks nice, but maybe a bit too much like the flame job you can get stock on some Hondas now... I know this one is painted, unlike the decal ones on the Hondas, but it still resembles it a bit much for me... Still a great job.. I wish I was skilled in that stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
VTXOAK-
WOW! That FLAME job is beautiful. I love it. I think the shape and amount of flames is perfect.
Have you done any blacks with ghost flames? I'll have to some fast talking, here on the home front and with some quotes from you. Maybe we can do some business, together.

I'm just knocking around ideas in my head. Have you had any sucess with multi-color flames and do they keep their looks over time?
thanks,
JT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Medic1210 said:
It looks nice, but maybe a bit too much like the flame job you can get stock on some Hondas now... I know this one is painted, unlike the decal ones on the Hondas, but it still resembles it a bit much for me... Still a great job.. I wish I was skilled in that stuff.
Yeah like this one:

I agree, looks too much like stock. I'm not much for flame jobs, they are way too overdone. But then again my bike is just a solid color, and that's overdone too. :a20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
metric man said:
VTXOAK, can the chrome on the headlight be painted?
I would like to paint the chrome on the headlight and the chrome at the bottom of the radiator shroud to match the bike also. The Cobra show bike had the headlight chrome painted and I thought it looked sharp. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.cobrausa.com/content/index.cfm?siteaction=Showbikes

I like the concept of the stripes on the Cobra bike but I'd like to work out a darker version of it. Maybe a paint scheme with a dark charcoal gray metallic or very deep cobalt blue as the base color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Yeah like this one:

I agree, looks too much like stock. I'm not much for flame jobs, they are way too overdone. But then again my bike is just a solid color, and that's overdone too. :a20:
Exactly what I was referring to. And those are decals with clearcoat over them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Medic1210 said:
Exactly what I was referring to. And those are decals with clearcoat over them.
You guys are looking at this on the computer when you see this bike in person you can would be amazed at how much better this looks. The factory stickers are ok but not ghost like and no flake over them. When you see this bike in the sun it explodes with color and you can try as hard as you want but you wont feel the flames like the factory jobs. This paint looks a foot deep and that you wont find that on the factory job either. The factory colors might be similar but thats were the stop.

As for other colors and prices I can do just about anything you want and the price will be based on what you are starting with and what paints we are going with. Send me an email and it will be easier to stay in touch with you. [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I also forgot to mention that the style of flames was taken from a bike in a magazine we found. Justin wanted to keep the center of the tank clean and run the flames down the side. I try to match the style of flame I do, to what the customer is looking for and I think the factory flames are a very good tradional style. This tank is very long and it is tricky to get them to run from the front to the back without going over the center section. If you want to have some fun get some 1/8" tape and give it a try and let me know what you think.



 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top