M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
False Alarm! I Was Wrong! See update with pics later in thread.

Sometimes I just cant catch a break.
Most will already know my original dealer is about the worlds worst....

So I order a Full cut gel seat from Oneida...
They screw someone over here so I canceled.
I then order and pay an extra $40 in coin to get it from a Stealer (my new one, GULP) about 40 miles away.
The Plain fullcut gel is on backorder.... I order the carbon look (actually glad I did once I saw it)

So I say "Be sure its the full cut"
He says "I am"
I say, "others have had problems elswhere, thats how you got my business"
He says, "no problem sir, we do this all the time"
I say "good because I need the room more than the gel"
I say that's part # 990A0-71022-CRB... RIGHT???
He says "I got it"
He says "OK 1 Full cut carbon look Gel seat for the M109R, total comes to $235.35"

I called this AM and its in!! I leave work early and drive 60 miles one way to get it.

If you read this far you already know it's not the full cut.

I am burnin up :verymad: :swear: :realmad: :edit:

I believe they will return it. I will find out in the AM. But come on, what do you have to do nowadays to get some quality service?
Do I need to get behind the counter myself??

Sledzep

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: Here comes the bad luck stealer fiasco's again

Man nobody cares anymore about service... PERIOD... Banks, restaurants Etc, Etc... Its all about getting your money nothing more nothing less...

But because we (society) consume so much now, and there will always be another customer around the corner, why put the effort and or that liitle bit of precious profit, back into creating great customer service... They won't until we stop buying...

·
Registered
572 Posts

We really need to start complaining more as a whole... as if we just give up and take it, they will keep doing us in the rear as they are now..

It is total BS!

·
Registered
936 Posts

patients, don't get in no hurry or these things are bound to happen. i waited for ever for the dog bones from Jason but guess what!!!!!!!!! they came today. I'm really happy (joy joy joy)

·
Registered
426 Posts

sledzep01 said:
I laughed out loud when I read this part. Twice. I guess I shouldn't laugh at your bad luck but i couldn't help it, it reminds me of myself. LOL

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

Which dealer was this Sled? Just tell me where he was located, that's all, then I'll know which one.

·
Registered
292 Posts

would you like a little chesse with that whine...........man ive been waiten 3WEEKS
for this this little refi with cash out....and today was the day....I was going to be riden home on a black one.......but guess what.....they sent a check to my bank instead of wirerin it.....7 day waiting waiting period......feel better?..I blew a gasket....there gonna wire the money tommarow ....I hope.....dam I just tought of somthing.......what if the suzi dealer HERE is an ass.....would be just my luck.....dam its looken like rain..but...never give up never surrender.....
:beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
time for a beer

hope you get your seat

·
Registered
237 Posts

sledzep01 said:
Sometimes I just cant catch a break.
Most will already know my original dealer is about the worlds worst....

So I order a Full cut gel seat from Oneida...
They screw someone over here so I canceled.
I then order and pay an extra $40 in coin to get it from a Stealer (my new one, GULP) about 40 miles away.
The Plain fullcut gel is on backorder.... I order the carbon look (actually glad I did once I saw it)

So I say "Be sure its the full cut"
He says "I am"
I say, "others have had problems elswhere, thats how you got my business"
He says, "no problem sir, we do this all the time"
I say "good because I need the room more than the gel"
I say that's part # 990A0-71022-CRB... RIGHT???
He says "I got it"
He says "OK 1 Full cut carbon look Gel seat for the M109R, total comes to $235.35"

I called this AM and its in!! I leave work early and drive 60 miles one way to get it.

I am burnin up :verymad: :swear: :realmad: :edit:

I believe they will return it. I will find out in the AM. But come on, what do you have to do nowadays to get some quality service?
Do I need to get behind the counter myself??

Sledzep
Sled,

Was the part # incorrect or are you judging the incorrectness from the way the seat looks? The true part # is on a tag stapled to the underside of the seat. The seat doean't look like the pics of the full cut seat, but the seat you get is much different. Let me know if this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

J R said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Well look at the bright side if thats the worst thing ya had to deal with today your lucky :bigthumbsup:
JR you could not be more right. Thats one of the things that bothers me the most, is that I let this get to me!!!!

The dealer is SOBC.

The part# on the seat (passenger only) is wrong, so is the one on the instructions, and the carton it came in. Plus it measures as thick as my old one at the rear.

Was the clip from Network?

We will see what happens. If you dont give up, many times you can turn adversity to opportunity.
I feel much better this AM

Sledzep

·
Registered
664 Posts

My dealer got my seat in last week.... i ordered the full cut plain gel seat.... they got a full cut carbon.. so they sent it back.... it's all good :bigthumbsup:
As long as the dealer is agreeing to take care of the mistake, it's all good... if there like Oneida and tell ya to take a hike then thats a problem (based only on what i've read here..)...

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts

Don't feel too bad. My dealer told me that they couldn't get any 109 parts yet. Not even ordering.........?
Told them they better check on that because everybody else can order them.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

How do you know they didn't order the correct part # and Suzuki screwed up and sent the wrong part? It might not be your dealers fault. Was the seat labeled with the CORRECT Part #? This stuff happens all the time, a lot of the time it's the manufacturer that screws up and doesn't send what was ordered. It's happened to me lots of times. Just ask Hal, I'm sure it happens to him a lot too. ::)

·
Registered
703 Posts

Hey Sledzepo1,
Why don`t you try calling Tobin seats and get a custom seat made for you? He can put gel in it or whatever you want. His prices are awesome and his turnaround time is really fast. Just a thought. If your interested go under tobinseats.com and check out his stuff. I had one made from him and it is by far the best thing that I have done to my bike. I can ride 400 miles a day and have no issues at all. I had both seats custom made with a passenger back rest made for $400.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Here comes the bad luck stealer fiasco's again UPDATE

OK
I called the dealer, they say all the paperwork has the correct #'s on it and asked that I triple check. If it is truly wrong the will return it. :bigthumbsup: :D
When I checked last night all the #'s were the same. I thought they were the wrong #'s
Only the passenger seat has a part # actually on it. There was a piece of paper with instructions on it. ( PS you need a tqe wrench to install this HA!)
It had the same part # on it, same as outside of carton.

When I took it to the garage it looked exactly the same and measured the same. At that time I was remembering the pics in this thread

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3649.0

And could remember they were different sizes in the pics...

Well, the pics are Gel against Gel, not against stock

LET ME SAY NOW I HOPE I WAS WRONG LAST NIGHT

If you check that post you will see that I measured it last night. It may be that the dimensions are very similar stock to full cut...
but not gel to gel.

Again, dont take this the wrong way, but I hope I wasted everyones time, because then I would have my seat NOW!!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
230 Posts

J R said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Well look at the bright side if thats the worst thing ya had to deal with today your lucky :bigthumbsup:
Very true... still aggravating but true.

·
Registered
414 Posts

My dealer can't order it because he says there is no new catalog for him to order from...but can tell me it doesn't come with a back seat...only the front...Amazing!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts