M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went today for a beuatiful ride along the cumana road ( a road that georgia roller and many others would probably love) full of scenic views along the coast line and full of nice tough curves...
Now all of the sudden when started to shift to second and accelerate the bike would go in neutral. it happens now continuously in second and third gear. anyone can tell me whats wrong or if I need to buy a specific part so my friend can bring it to me tomorrow.

The good thing is that the bike does not clank going into second now... by the way I installed the star to reduce the clanking noise

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:agree: It does sound like that to me as well. I don't think your buddy can bring you parts by tomorrow for this one, bro! Time to get in touch with R&D out of Florida. They can help steer you in the right direction.
but do they sell the undercut gears already or one has to send it to them

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chiiit.....how in the world I take the gears off send it to them and them wait that long??? guess i have to buy some over there..

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well talked for a while to FutureR and definitekly he is THE MAN!!! He knows everything about this bikes. Also talked to my mechanic here and they came to the same diagnostic. Bended forks... But it the meanwhile will get the gears backcut and put solid rods and do the whole job.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
... But it the meanwhile will get the gears backcut and put solid rods and do the whole job.
:bigthumbsup: That's definitely the best thing to do. If you don't get the gears backcut and put solid rods, etc. the problem may come back.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
well talked for a while to FutureR and definitekly he is THE MAN!!! He knows everything about this bikes. Also talked to my mechanic here and they came to the same diagnostic. Bended forks... But it the meanwhile will get the gears backcut and put solid rods and do the whole job.
futureR is a Great Guy ! he has helped me Quite a few times !!

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dilemma. But you are correcting it the right way. I hope you have a better 2011. :doorag:

·
Registered
838 Posts
futureR is a Great Guy ! he has helped me Quite a few times !!
Back at the begining of the year I had a issue with my bike where it was missing and after turning it off it would not start. Posted the problem on here and within 30 mins of posting this FuturR replied with the cause and solution. This was 11:30 at night. Few hours later due to lack of sleep she was up and ready to be ridden again. The problem was the PClll connectors needed to be soldered instead of being crimped with the clips.

Sorry for Jacking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts