M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the 9 this morning....thought I was going on a nice ride and then.......Started the bike, put it in first gear and the bike reacted as if it was already in gear and I dumped the clutch. Luckly I have a habit of holding my front break lever while starting the bike. I put the bike in nutrual pulled the clutch went to put it in first and agin the same thing happened. I maxed out, both ways on the minor adjuster on the clutch leaver itself....no change. I then placed the minor lever adjustment to center, and maxed out both ways on the major adjuster,and it still did it. ANY sudgestions PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sounds like you need to pull the side cover off and make sure your cable is actually moving the clutch lever, it could be broken cable or your clutch nut has worked loose.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply........I checked....its not the cable. there is plenty of proper cable movment for clutch disengagement.....it seems the clutch is siezed up?
11,000 miles with only 5 oil changes under my belt. I baby this bike.....I feel sick:'(

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Is it under warranty?

If so take it to the dealer and let them handle the headache for you. I know what that sick feeling is like bro. Last Tuesday some jack wagen pulled out in front of me (One her f%$#ing cell phone and didn't even see me). I had to lay my bike (2009 LE) down and now it's totalled. Hang in there bro it'll get fixed and you'll be back on the road with the breeze in your face in no time.

thanks for the reply........I checked....its not the cable. there is plenty of proper cable movment for clutch disengagement.....it seems the clutch is siezed up?
11,000 miles with only 5 oil changes under my belt. I baby this bike.....I feel sick:'(

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Like AlienBuster said if it's not the cable it's the clutch hub nut. You are VERY LUCKY it happened in front of your house!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Its likely Keitho is Right , Its the Hub nut loosened up , are you in warrenty ? if not you can probbly handel the Repair your self , :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No warrentee....the bike is 4 yrs old.........what a bout this nut yall speake of? is it a easy fix.......I brought the bike into the service dept where I bought it.....They will call Monday with my fate........I feel like a kid whos toy is broke. Its ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!:edit:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude thanks for the discription and the photos....at least I see now how it all fits together but...........Thats a little too deep for me to take on. So I will take my Stealship RAPING like a man, wait that sounds funny.....yall know what I mean......1 Stealership Ream Job coming up, hold the low cost....:-[

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Dude thanks for the discription and the photos....at least I see now how it all fits together but...........Thats a little too deep for me to take on. So I will take my Stealship RAPING like a man, wait that sounds funny.....yall know what I mean......1 Stealership Ream Job coming up, hold the low cost....:-[
You might want to post your location. I know that me and Chad have helped some local Georgia guys out with their bikes.

I'm sure there is a "brother" close to you who can help you avoid the dealership ordeal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had same problem. I got mine used with 8k miles 2 months ago. I took it back to the dealer and they contacted Suzuki. They admitted they were aware of the problem and recommended replacing the primary clutch basket. Total repairs ended up being almost $800. Suzuki ate the cost for the parts, I paid $196 for labor. Depending on who you get they will either a) own up to it or b) pretend this the first time they have ever heard of it.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Nice bro

Glad you got off so cheap. A friend of mine had a similar problem (Slipping clutch). When my bike was totalled I told him to swap it out before the insurance adjuster got there and I suppose it fixed his problem. What are friends for anyway?

I just had same problem. I got mine used with 8k miles 2 months ago. I took it back to the dealer and they contacted Suzuki. They admitted they were aware of the problem and recommended replacing the primary clutch basket. Total repairs ended up being almost $800. Suzuki ate the cost for the parts, I paid $196 for labor. Depending on who you get they will either a) own up to it or b) pretend this the first time they have ever heard of it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
clutch

Got my bike back today from the shop......my clutch cable was broken. At least thats what they told me. The owner of the shop said the tech got on it to put it on the rack, pulled the clutch in and.....the ole sound plink,plink,plink, of the last few strands left to the cable. And to think I was at the top of the Smokies 6,643 ft up at Kleagmans Dome, WITH my wife on the back and that cable breaking. I guess we could have coasted down. Anyway $211.00 lighter now but with a new cable and fresh oil.:dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts