M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. -the A/C went out on my truck today..

anyone have a referral on a good shop?

2.- weed eater blew up.. anyone have one i can borrow this weekend? just need it for one day.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
209 Posts
1. -the A/C went out on my truck today..

anyone have a referral on a good shop?

2.- weed eater blew up.. anyone have one i can borrow this weekend? just need it for one day.

thanks guys!
Can't help on the AC, but you are more than welcome to borrow my weed eater. Send me a PM regarding when you want to pick it up.

·
Banned
442 Posts
What do you mean "went out"? Just all of a sudden stopped blowing cold air? Has it been losing it's cool little by little and now just blows warm air? What make and model truck is it?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean "went out"? Just all of a sudden stopped blowing cold air? Has it been losing it's cool little by little and now just blows warm air? What make and model truck is it?
its a 98 ford ranger that I use for work. it was semi gradual.. I'm thinking that there's a leak somewhere.. compressor is clicking on/off.. i had it serviced last year for the same thing.. evidently they did not fix the problem

·
Banned
442 Posts
They're not going to fix it without a great deal of experimentation. Leaks are quite hard to find. If you take it to someone, they'll use a sniffer, and if it finds the leak, then they can fix it. If not, they'll recharge your system and add die to it so that they can HOPEFULLY find it the next time it runs out and you bring it in.

About 90% of the time, it never works.

If you want it working and want it working now for cheap, do it yourself. Pop your hood and look for the lables. One of them is going to tell you which refrigerant your AC system uses. According to my data, you SHOULD have an R134a system. If you see that on one of the labels, go down to any parts store and buy yourself a can of recharge with stop leak and oil with the gauge on it. It runs about 28 bucks just about anywhere. Follow the directions and you'll be hurling snowballs again in 15 minutes.

Let me know if you need help and I'll walk you through it on the phone. It's actually very easy to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts