M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my debeaver, and installed one of those clear taillight assembly with the built in turn sigs( a cheapy 30 dollar ebay unit). I plugged just the main housing, (not attached wiring for the turn signals, and turned the key just to check for operation, and blew the 15amp turn signal fuse. I checked to make sure there were no wires frayed or touching anything, took that fuse out and repeated with the same result. Is there a possiblity of anything but a bad assembly. Thanks Vinny

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Sounds like you have a direct short in the taillight. Like they say, I guess you get what you pay for!
:agree: If it was working fine and then you changed it out to this new tail light, then that would tell me that the tail light has an issue. I hope that the place that you bought it from makes it right for you. Anyone can sell you something, it's when there is a problems is what seperates the great company's.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bad taillight

Thanks guys, Yea Im sure its a bad light, now to get it replaced, oh boy what fun. Vin

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Thanks guys, Yea Im sure its a bad light, now to get it replaced, oh boy what fun. Vin
You shouldn't have any issues if you dealt with a U.S. vendor, in this case, PayPal could be your best friend. However, I would think that you will definitely have some fun if you got your light from one of those vendors from Hong Kong:dontknow:. Good Luck with your exchange or refund.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I say watch it though my friend just paid 50.00 for a led flasher relay and he install that kit and it blew the fuse and he replaced the fuse and tried it again after looking it over and it pop the fuse again and blew his relay up so he lost 50.00 for a cheap 30 tIl light mod

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paypal claim

Duende!, Thanks for the heads up on Paypal, I just opened a claim. By the way, I like your choice of colors8)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just finished my debeaver..., I plugged just the main housing, (not attached wiring for the turn signals), and turned the key just to check for operation, and blew the 15amp turn signal fuse. I checked to make sure there were no wires frayed or touching anything, took that fuse out and repeated with the same result. Is there a possiblity of anything but a bad assembly. Thanks Vinny
If you didn't plug in the leads for the turn signals, your problem lies elsewhere. Check within the disconnected plugs for damaged wires, also it should blow on either right or left, something's even more screwy if it is just blowing when the key turns on. The fault (if you aren't touching the brakes or turn signal switch) would be within the running assy., this should blow an entirely different fuse. What exactly did you do before the fuse blew? Maybe we can get you up and running while waiting for a replacement...:doorag:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
beibol

Hi Beibol, Ok here's what I did, did the debeaver cut, disconnected the stock tail lense and cut the wires to each turn signal between the connecter and the signal, leaving me enough wire for the reconnect. Before tackling the turn signal wires, plugged in the clear taillight and turned on the ignition(without turnsignals on). Bamm 15 amp turn signal fuse blew. i checked to make sure there were no wires frayed or touching, put in a new fuse, repeated the ignition step and it blew again. Then I plugged in the old taillight again, put in a new fuse, turned on the ignition and it was fine, turned on the turn signals either side, and the fronts flashed fine. I have reinstalled the stock tail lense, fired the bike up, and she's ok. So I cant see anything but a bad clear tail light. Any other ideas?:dontknow: Thanks Vin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts