M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I recieved my DLP order which I have placed parts for sale on the 4 sale thread anyways I bought the frint fork tube caps ( flat ) CYC-M109250 and when i place them over my fork tops they just sit on there???? shouldnt they clamp or clip or whatever you want to call it??? What does everyone else do to make them stay on??? Glue/ 5 min apoxy??? can someone help me out please on this...Thanks alot Darren

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woow

You guys are quick with the answers thanks guys...I will just buy some clear silicone from up here at our crappy tire store..never thought of that - Thanks again

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have those caps on mine - they are heavy and if they became airborne, it wouldn't be pretty. I used the recommended RTV and it worked like a charm. You likely know this but to fit flush on top of the triple tree, you the fork tubes must be lower (in the triple tree) than stock height. After putting on my Phat Fork Tubes, the forks dropped about 1/4" so everything worked out well.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
i love the look..... but you would think who ever made them would figure something out besides paying $$$ for the product and then you have to make it work and stay on..... seems F'ed up! they should have done it right and but a set screw on the side or something, so you dont have jerry rig it... just my .02.. sorry! I did order those and sent them back

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Pics?:dontknow:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
input....

Thanks for all your guys input, I believe that if they ever did come airbourne someone is gonna be wearing it hard if the tank doesnt first thats why i thought if I can silicone them on now they have the winter to set and harden up so they are on there good... :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
Mine are the flat ones with a slightly rounded edge. I put them on with clear RTV. I think they are Kewl Metal items but I can't recall for sure.

I've seen the ones that went on with a set screw and they are fine as long as they are never taken off. The screw makes an indentation on the fork tube caps. So I kind of like gluing or sticking them on with tape. Plus you can align them with the outside of the trees easier.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Hey Zoom I have the same ones as you then...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts