M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate some help from you guru's out there.

I need a bolt from rear of bike, under cowl/rear seat there are 4 bolts total, two different kinds. I need one that is farther to the rear. About an inch long but half is threads and the other half is not.

I need plastic push pin for plastic side covers...right under drivers seat.

I also need plastic push pin for battery cover.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

J

also, i have no knowledge of what terms should be used, so bear with me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i got the part number i think. When buying them its gonna cost about 10 bucks for what i need plus extras. The shipping is going to be 16 bucks. CRAZY.

Ill head to the shop to see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
You could probably check the local auto parts store. I used to replace windshields for a living and there are hundreds of different pushpin type fasteners on cars. Even if you don't find the exact same thing, you'll find something that will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I picked up both sizes at the local motorcycle dealer. I got a box of ten of both sizes for around $8 each. I would ck there first. As far as the bolt, I am assuming you are talking about the one that has a shank on it? The forward is fully threaded. As far as that goes you could get one that would fit from a local hardware store but more than likely wont have the shank on it. You might just end up having to order that one. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I picked up both sizes at the local motorcycle dealer.
:agree: :agree: If you go to Onieda, as you know they charge out the butt for shipping small items. And, it sometimes takes a week to get to you. The local dealer will mark up the product more, but you don't pay for shipping. In addition, my dealer always has my part in 2 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts