M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my savage chromed wheels with Metzeler tires from rc components but it seems that something is missing on the rear wheel, maybe that phantom hub or something I don't know...also there are places whithout chrome around the whole - I don't know is that normal, maybe the wheel was standing on that during chroming process...? any whey I got a few pics so if anybody knows what is the problem...?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Where are your hubs? Did you tell them what bike they where going on when you bought them?... The hub will cover that area where the chrome is discolored so no worries there..
Of course I told them what bike are those for...all I got are wheels no hub or anything...I know that those places without chrome will be covered but I wanted to know if that is usual thing on other wheels also...
I bought 160/60 on the front and told them to mount it reversed but I got it mounted the regular way...and those should have been balanced too but I don't see any correction weights on rims...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They may have used dyna beads for the balance. You don't want weights on your wheels. Most places will not mount anything other than the correct way, it's called liability bro. Do you have chrome hubs?
I didn't check if they were balanced so I can't say anything about that...but I spoke to his salesman and we agreed that front tire should go reversed and it was written all over their's papers, proforma invoices etc., so that is not a matter of principle it is a sloppy business ...
also I didn't get hub obviously...and I asked them to check if everything is ok the same day they were about to send it...
I expected more quality service, I have payed 3070$ for wheels and tires and 800$ for shipping...so I am a little angry - can't say why:dontknow:
And I am concerned about chrome quality because of those spots without chrome around the whole, I don't know if that is present on other wheels for some reason or it is a sloppy business too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't check if they were balanced so I can't say anything about that...but I spoke to his salesman and we agreed that front tire should go reversed and it was written all over their's papers, proforma invoices etc., so that is not a matter of principle it is a sloppy business ...
also I didn't get hub obviously...and I asked them to check if everything is ok the same day they were about to send it...
I expected more quality service, I have payed 3070$ for wheels and tires and 800$ for shipping...so I am a little angry - can't say why:dontknow:
And I am concerned about chrome quality because of those spots without chrome around the whole, I don't know if that is present on other wheels for some reason or it is a sloppy business too
I got answer from them
they forgot hub:bigthumbsup:
they forgot to mount in reverse:bigthumbsup:
and the chromless spots around whole are from rack holder during chroming :bow:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bingo... knew there had to be a screw up somewhere.. Glad you got it figured out :bigthumbsup:
yea, I am glad too that chroming is ok...everything else is just pain in the ass but not serious problem...what pressure do you put in the front tire 160/60 if anybody of you have it?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
$800 for shipping, was that included in the $3000 for the wheels & tires or did you wind up paying close to $3800 for the complete package...?

and now that the front tire isnt mounted reversed like you requested what will you do ....? maybe take it some where local and have them take it off and mount it reversed like you wanted and then send the bill to RC components....?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
i think after hering your story i will order my custom wheels seperate and order my own tires and dyna beads & take em to my local bike shop & have it done while i watch to make sure it gets done the way im paying for it to get done

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
$800.00 for shipping? Where do you live, East bum f**k? Sounds like a clusterf**k all the way around.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$800.00 for shipping? Where do you live, East bum f**k? Sounds like a clusterf**k all the way around.
do you know where is europe :D
well that much DHL takes for package 42kg weights and 52 kg of volume to get it here....UPS was asking 1300$
and yes I paid that much because I like that design and if I were bought custom wheels in europe it would cost me the same but I don't have that kind of choice in design....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts