M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the rear end is apart. I put the lowering bone on the left (driver side) and it binds up. I can't put the bolt through the suspension bracket. The one type it went in, everything was so bound that the other bone would not line up. I refit the stock parts and everything goes smoothly. I don't want my bike in a 100 parts on my garage floor over the weekend so someone else try theirs and see if there is a problem across the board or if I am mechanically challenged!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got it put back together stock. It goes together so easily, no binding at all. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.

·
Registered
96 Posts
toneout: I'm not sure what you're asking.... but they shouldn't go together too badly at all. If you need, give me a ring in the morning at the shop and we'll walk you through it step by step. Are you have trouble getting both bones rotated up to the linkage or just a problem getting the long bolt to line up?

I mic. all of the bones before they go to powdercoat to ensure consistency... so must just be given you a fit. I'll be glad to help you though... sometimes we just look at things wrong :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm sitting here racking my brain trying to figure out what you might be encountering. Only thing that comes to mind is this. In the linkage there is a sleeve, it protrudes maybe 1/10" from either side of the linkage. When you slide the bolt through the first bone and linkage, make sure you slide this sleeve back as far as possible before trying to rotate the next bone into place. It is a tight tolerance, but shouldn't cause any problems. If this sleeve is slid out a bit however, you're going to catch hell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the bolt to barely go through the sleeve but only the first bone.  I could not get the bones to line up flush with the sleeve and that prevented the second bone from lining up.  I did tuck the front of the bones in first but did not bolt them.  It appeared as if the bones weren't flat against that piece and that was causing the binding.  After getting a couple of PM's from ITguy though and talking it over, I may have given up a little too early and not tried everything.  I had run out of daylight and I just wanted to get it done. I got everything back together stock.  I don't have any more time this weekend to work on it.  Maybe someone around Central Florida will do it first and then I can get some help from them.  Jason, I already called the shop and left a babbling message.  Please disregard it.  Thanks.

Jason thanks for the offers to help. I assure you I will take you up on them. Thanks. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are in! Hot Damn! I love this things. The bike looks great hasn't hurt the handling at all. I took a familiar road today and there was no perceivable change to the cornering. The problem I had was I didn't lift the rear wheel enough. Today, I lifted it all the way into the fender. Installation of the bones was no problem. When done, just lower to install the shock. The only problem I had was finding a board to sit under the rear tire to take the bike off the jack! This thing is low now. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are awesome! The bike looks unbelievable now. I could not be happier. Time for a bath tomorrow and off for pics! (The bike, not me) :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Now THATS good news. I was losing sleep over ya... the only one having installation problems :p. I'm glad you got them in and are happy.... ENJOY.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
where can you buy these?

Can I see a pic of a 109 with these installed?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
toneout said:
Read this thread: http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1367.0 This is what got it all started. I believe there are even pics here. The post above yours from JasonZ has his email addy on it. That's who we bought them from. They make the bike look awesome. I am heading out to take pics.
post em up...can't wait to see em!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts