M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???I just installed the fi2000r,I also have a JSD-3M..When I installed the jsd my bike developed a knock Soooo I changed the plugs and that seemed to lesson the knock, Now with the fi2000r installed it seems the knock is back to the way it was before changing the plugs.......Should I change the plugs again? or should I take out the jsd-3m? or can I adjust this problem with the fi200r??? I would appreciate any help....Thanks

·
Registered
918 Posts
My JSD-3M started knocking right after I plugged it in and took it for a test dirve. I thought it was defective, so I requested another one. That one caused knocking too! So I chucked it for a loss and never installed it again. Really don't know what to tell ya. It has worked for some and others (like myself) not so much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Krusher I do appreciate your input...If all else fails i guess i`ll just remove it (JSD) But I worry that the bike will return to being very sensative in the take-off

·
Registered
918 Posts
I run 93 octane all the time and it still happened. I've owned the bike for 3 years and have grown accustomed to the accelerator sensitivity. Maybe someone else will chime in or do a search 'cause I read a couple of posts about it last year.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
My JSD-3M started knocking right after I plugged it in and took it for a test dirve. I thought it was defective, so I requested another one. That one caused knocking too! So I chucked it for a loss and never installed it again. Really don't know what to tell ya. It has worked for some and others (like myself) not so much.
:agree:I did exactly the same. My engine runs smooth at low RPM with only the FI2000R.
I wonder if altitude,quality of fuel,humidity,and engines have any effect on the JSD-3M performance:dontknow:

·
Registered
77 Posts
just fyi i live at the base of smoky mountains installed jsm and had no problems other than low speed surge i ordered fi2000r will be here tuesday i hope i dont experience a knock though.:-\

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
The FI2000R shouldn't cause it to knock. Keep in mind it can only add fuel, not take it away. So even if it was set to 0 on the pots it would be exactly the same as before it was installed. Leaning it out can cause them to spark knock.

The TRE's can make them spark knock since they advance the timing in the lower gears. More timing advance means a great potential to spark knock. And if they spark knock you're giving up more power than you're getting.

You can try adding some fuel to the Cobra and see if it helps. Adjust the second pot up a single number at a time and see what it does. The second or middle pot only adds fuel when you accelerate, which is also when you get spark knock.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
At what RPM's are you getting the knock? If you are running the RPM very low, it can sound like a knock. Keep the rpms up a little more. These things don't like lugging.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It knocks when I excelerate ...But I did what Zoom suggested and turned the second pod up one number at a time...and the knock is gone and I have allot more power......thanks allot Zoom:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::2cool:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
It knocks when I excelerate ...But I did what Zoom suggested and turned the second pod up one number at a time...and the knock is gone and I have allot more power......thanks allot Zoom:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::2cool:
Great, glad that worked. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

How far do you have it turned up? Mine is on 4 right now, it was running fine on 2 but after changing to a different intake I had to bump it up as it started spark knocking too. My wife was following me last weekend and she said when I nailed it a little puff of black smoke came out, so it's running maybe a little rich.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have mine on 4 also..A nice jump in power and no spark knock...Thanks very much...!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts