M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i installed a new set of pipes and a PCIII i followed the instructions to the letter.

I plugged the Orange wire into the front, Throttle side and the Yellow wire into the rear Clutch side (as you look at it if you were sitting on it)
I wrapped the Grey wire from the PC to the Pink wire with Black strip and soldered it, Then wrapped the Black wire with White stripe from the PC to the Black wire with Brown stripe and soldered it. I attached the ground wire to the negitive terminal ono the battery.

I pulled out the ECU, removed the top plug and checked the 7th plug from the right bottom row and found it had already been pulled. Plugged in the O2 Eliminators to the bottow pins

I plugged everything back in and reconnected the fuel tank, turned the key on Oil light came on, the speedo dash powered up, the taco when thru its check and the F1 light flashed up for a few seconds and then disappeared the Speedo Dash has the word "Chec" on it now.

Removed the Eliminators and plugged them into the top pins in the plug, same thing happened, Removed the Eliminators and plugged the actual senors back into the socket and left them hanging down the side as the new pipes dont have a hole for the senors to screw into (hence the removal)
Tried turning it on again same thing F1 light flashed up and disappeared

So i pull the airbox off again pulled all the plugs blew the connectors out with some canned compressed air re checked the instructions fitted all the plugs back firmly to sockets, airbox back on (getting pretty good and this by now) plugged the fuel tank back in havent screwed/bolted or clipped anything down yet just sitting there
turned the key again still the ****ing F1 light.

I dont know what the hell is going on can anyone provide assitance with this problem.... i was supposed to have the bike on the Dyno tomorrow but thats not gonna happen now

Its a 2007 M109

Cheers

Jase

·
Registered
743 Posts
have you pushed the kill switch to on when the fi light comes on if something is wrong it will stay on sounds like its just the red kill switch on the throttle

·
Registered
81 Posts
:agree:
have you pushed the kill switch to on when the fi light comes on if something is wrong it will stay on sounds like its just the red kill switch on the throttle
Yup that sounds like the fix:doh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts