M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting off of work one night I proceeded to start my bike so it can warm up while I put on my gear to ride home. As I turned the ignition on and then turned the switch to the "On Position" I noticed the FI light indicator started blinking. I tried to start the bike and it wouldn't let me. I turned the ignition and the switch off and turned them both back on and the light wasn't blinking. I then was able to get it started. Now, I am just wondering if this is something that I should be worried about. I started reading up on the manual and it only says to take it in if the light indicator is still blinking. I have been riding it and it hasn't blinked since other than my fuel indicator. Has this happened to anyone or have any suggestions that you can give me?

G

·
no it just sounds like the computer might have had a faults reading, you can check the main connector (ecm) by the battery where every comes in just to make sure its fully connected, past that you should be fine if it cleared and hasn't come back. The same checks are run every time so you might have just had a faults check report. (if you made any mods to the bike that required you to disconnect some cables I'd also check the cables you disconnected and make sure they are fully connected, sometimes its hard to feel the snap)

If you have a service manual the information on the electrical cir of this bike starts on page 5-3.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Had the same problem after work once. I think i rushed it, i keep cranking on it and then the bulb in my head came on. If the FI light is on it won't start ( read it in the o&m manual ). shut off the switch, waited, started right up. I always wait for the exhaust valve, and fuel pump to complete there work now. No problems since. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
This happened to me once as well. Bike sat for about an hour while eating lunch, went to start the bike and fi light was flashing. Tried to start 3 times, no luck...turned key off for about 30 sec and then started and ran fine. No problems since. that was about a month ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts