M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wanted to take a little time and ask if you can help support my wifes team, "Save 2nd Base" in their efforts to raise money for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure in Tampa, Fl this year. My wife did the walk in 2008 in DC - 60 miles over 3 days. Even though her feet were killing her at the end of it, she had a great time and is looking forward to this years walk (even more so since she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year, and after treatment is now in remission). If you can make even a tiny donation, you'd be helping my wife reach her goal that she is committed to, as well as helping out a great cause. I've pasted her story from her page below.

Thanks!
Jason

Yes, I'm doing it again - I signed up for the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure in Tampa Bay! I had such an incredible experience doing the Komen 3-Day for the Cure in 2008 that I'm going back for more. I'm so excited about this event, even though this year I really know what I've gotten myself into.

Just in case you missed my account of last year's event, follow the link below to visit my personal Web page, where I tell my story. This event isn't easy, but I promise you, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't believe 100% that it was worth every muscle ache, weary night and training walk!

I need your help. I am planning on surpassing the $3,500 that you - my friends and family - gave so generously last time around to help end breast cancer.

My personal connection to this cause (if you didn't already know)
is in support of my Aunt Jane who is in remission and in memory of my dear friend Michele Austin and for all women everywhere.

Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page and make a donation.

If you have any questions or want to hear more about what I'm doing, I love talking about the event. I am looking for team mates and would love to take this journey with any one of you. Thanks for all of your support. I'm incredibly lucky to have people like you in my life!

Final notes:
Last year my participation shirt held names of those who were battling this cancer or have lost their battle. I want to continue to walk in their honor and/or memory. If you know someone that has lost the battle or is battling now, please send me their names so they can be added.
As I crossed the finish line last year 2008, a young lady I was walking for lost her battle. This is the very reason for this walk so that we do not lose another wonderful woman.

Love,
Janine and Save 2nd Base team​
Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010...72&et=eLwGWEkT9JOwDzo-pTcZEw..&s_tafId=319840
Click here to view the team page for Save 2nd Base
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2010...72&et=jINbDGqHzkDmV9QRSt44Ig..&s_tafId=319840

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Donation Made. 60 Miles in three days? Walking?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek: No way I could do it. Got yourself one tough wife there.:a18:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude! Yeah, 60 miles in 3 days is something I'll never even attempt. She is a trooper though - who knew they made Air Force women that strong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.