M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! The rear cylinder on my M109 is not firing - have checked spark plugs and have checked coil - spark is strong, there is a strong smell of gas - Have checked the front cylinder and it is firing fine - can anyone please help? I had taken the tank off and had changed clutch plates recently. Have checked all the cables and wire clips under the tank and they look ok.:'(

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Do you have spark?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do have spark -

Yes I do have spark - have checked spark plug and replaced them with new plugsspark

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
All 4 plugs or the rear 2?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,036 Posts
Any fuel injection controller on the bike, like a Power Commander or Cobra FI2000? Also, check the fuel pump connector closely, there is a brown wire that is known to pull out of the connector plug fairly often. It can look like it's in the connector but not be fully in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spark

There is spark in all 4 plugs - the front cylinder is firing ok - I will plug in the dealer tool and check for codes - I will also give the brown wire (under the tank) a look - Will see how I go and then post an update ! Thanks guys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No fuel injector controller

The bike does not have any fuel injector controller - its a standard bike

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Was it running good and then it just started or did it start when you put the tank back on?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dealer tool code

Have plugged in dealer tool and the code that comes up is c25

What can it be??

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
c-25

If c-25 is the code for a front cylinder coil malfunction why does my rear cylinder not fire up?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Can you swap the coils front to back to see if you can duplicate it in the working cylinder. A good check before you start spending money on parts.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
is the fuel injector plugged in ? if you got spark and air, maybe you dont have fuel....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Three things you need for a running engine are Air/Fuel Mixture, Compression, and Spark. Doesn't guarantee it'll run good, but it'll run.

1. I would be sure you didn't confuse your two coil leads (if that's possible on the 9) and get them backwards, did that once on an R6, it was horrible... fireballs out the exhaust...

2. Also I would do a compression test.

3. Just to be safe, check your connections to your coils from the primary side (not the spark plug ends)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Help!!! The rear cylinder on my M109 is not firing - have checked spark plugs and have checked coil - spark is strong, there is a strong smell of gas - Have checked the front cylinder and it is firing fine - can anyone please help? I had taken the tank off and had changed clutch plates recently. Have checked all the cables and wire clips under the tank and they look ok.:'(
When you changed the clutch plates, did you touch or do anything to the little chains that come down to an idler there?
If you had a coil problem then you wouldn't be getting spark from the plugs. Or it would be weak. A coil isn't going to change the timing or something causing it not to spark at a different time. If it sparks outside the engine it will spark inside. Are you getting any back fire or pounding sounds?

Did it run after the clutch plate change or were you driving along and it just quit hitting? A video of your bike missing would be helpful if you think it's safe.
Something you might want to check though is this...It can be done without the engine running and easy to do. I'm leaning towards out of time. Something more had to be done to the engine. IMO

The Rear cam chain comes down on that side of the engine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts