M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was leaving the gym today and went to start up the bike and it turned over and then died. Tried it again and same thing, let it sit then it turns over and thats it. If I give it some throttle it will start and then it dies. When I take off it jumps like a mother fer.

what is going on here???

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Give us a little more:

Did you get gas?

Are you due for plugs?

Anything that might be a recent change?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got done pulling all 4 plugs and the top 2 were pretty dark, I then pulled the side 2 and WOW they were black as ****..

Alittle more info about it,i just filled up with gas this morning, put 93 octane in it.

The bike has 5100 miles on it. I'm the second owner.
I plan on putting a different pcIII map on it tomorrow after I change the plugs. I currently am running V&H big shots (unpacked w/baffles) with K&N air fliters.

·
Registered
81 Posts
???Bad gas?

G

·
Check your gas! It's either got water in it or diesel. Drain it and add a little fresh gas and see what happens. Cheap and easy before you get into major disassembly and parts exchange.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Check your gas! It's either got water in it or diesel. Drain it and add a little fresh gas and see what happens. Cheap and easy before you get into major disassembly and parts exchange.
:agree:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put new plugs in and drained most of the gas. got it all back together and after a couple tries it fired right up and runs smooth. I put the 9 spark plugs in instead of the 8's. (whats the difference, 9 is cooler than the 8??)

while I was working on it I went ahead and drained the driveshaft oil. I did notice a small amount of metal shavings, is this normal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts