M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My positive battery post is getting overloaded with accessories and I'm about to add another. I purchased from DLP the Power Plate fuse accessory block. I have followed all instructions and hooked everything up except the remaining blue wire which turns the plate on. The instructions give two options.
A]. The suggested wire for turning on the plate is one which deactivates when the engine starter is engaged, allowing maximum electrical power for the starter.
B]. positive terminal on a factory accessory terminal or to any wire which becomes active when the key is turned on.

I prefer option "A".

I mounted the fuse block just forward of the battery box on the right side behind the plastic 109 cover.
Any suggestions on which is the best wire to splice into ???? ??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumpity Bump

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
what i did was I used the conections for my battery tender to power up my board it warks great and i didn`t have to splice anything just bought a 2 wire plug that will fit battery tender leads and your good to go!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm no electrician...

but people give answers to these questions as though you ARE an electrical genius... fortunately, I've had a lot of help... I have YET to do mine... BUT... trace back the wire from your headlight...if you look at your fuse boxx, you'll see which wire it is that comes out of the fuse box headed to the headlight... I'm getting into the details with mine as soon as I get some poarts this week... so I'll keep you posted.

No offense to jrose69, but none of what you said makes any sense...
Can you dumb it down? I looked at the pic and (1) you didn't answer the question (2) could you share some details on how you used the battery tender connection?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I used the tail light wire that come from the left side (as you are sitting on the bike) and used the tap on that wire. I have had that on the bike for 2 years now and it works great. I just got their master ground block and only have 2 wires to each post on the battery and still have more hookups left on both.

·
Registered
838 Posts
what i did was I used the conections for my battery tender to power up my board it warks great and i didn`t have to splice anything just bought a 2 wire plug that will fit battery tender leads and your good to go!!
I need to do this. My battery posts are over loaded

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
but people give answers to these questions as though you ARE an electrical genius... fortunately, I've had a lot of help... I have YET to do mine... BUT... trace back the wire from your headlight...if you look at your fuse boxx, you'll see which wire it is that comes out of the fuse box headed to the headlight... I'm getting into the details with mine as soon as I get some poarts this week... so I'll keep you posted.

No offense to jrose69, but none of what you said makes any sense...
Can you dumb it down? I looked at the pic and (1) you didn't answer the question (2) could you share some details on how you used the battery tender connection?
the battery tender has 1 wire on each of the battery posts right? and those 2 wires join into a 2 wire conector that you can plug into your tender and unplug when you go rideing i simpoly bought another 2 wire harness (that you can get at a auto parts store or hardware store) ok the 1 wire side of that harness that goes to the ground side of the battery i did not use as you only need power not a ground I wired that 2 wire conector with a fuse to my power block and simpoly pluged it into the battery tender plug the down side to doing it this way it is powered up all the time but that is how i did it does that help

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used the tail light wire that come from the left side (as you are sitting on the bike) and used the tap on that wire. I have had that on the bike for 2 years now and it works great. I just got their master ground block and only have 2 wires to each post on the battery and still have more hookups left on both.
I almost did that but since I had a brake light modulator attached to my tail light I wasn't sure if that would cause any problems. I ended up splicing into the ignition wire. Everything worked ok at first then I saw my HID light flicker twice and I thought I must have :edit: something up. Then evrything was fine after a 10 minute ride.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the battery tender has 1 wire on each of the battery posts right? and those 2 wires join into a 2 wire connector that you can plug into your tender and unplug when you go rideing i simply bought another 2 wire harness (that you can get at a auto parts store or hardware store) OK the 1 wire side of that harness that goes to the ground side of the battery i did not use as you only need power not a ground I wired that 2 wire connector with a fuse to my power block and simply plugged it into the battery tender plug the down side to doing it this way it is powered up all the time but that is how i did it does that help
The kit I bought included a solenoid that allows a battery charger to be hooked up to it. I appreciate your advice even though I'm a bit confused. I ended up splicing into the ignition wire. My HID light kit flickered twice but after that everything seems to be working OK. I've been told as long as you dont let the smoke out every things OK :joke:

·
Registered
430 Posts
the battery tender has 1 wire on each of the battery posts right? and those 2 wires join into a 2 wire conector that you can plug into your tender and unplug when you go rideing i simpoly bought another 2 wire harness (that you can get at a auto parts store or hardware store) ok the 1 wire side of that harness that goes to the ground side of the battery i did not use as you only need power not a ground I wired that 2 wire conector with a fuse to my power block and simpoly pluged it into the battery tender plug the down side to doing it this way it is powered up all the time but that is how i did it does that help
Thank you VERY much... that does help. All is good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts