M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is still spilling oil all over the left side. This makes the fifth time. What can I do to eleviate this problem? All comments and replies will be appreciated. Thnks,

oldfart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been there and done that. Just went through the system again this morning. Will wait some more and see what happens. Anyone out there have some good luck they can loan me?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have done that several times, using k&n filter cleaner to clean the filter and parts with. Each time the filter has been flooded with oil and there is oil on the inside of the housing. I let the bike run for at least 15 minutes before I check the oil. After the bike has sat for 5 minutes, I check the oil level. Have done this proceedure with the shop manager and by my self. After the bike has been riden for a certain amount of time I need to do the process all over again. The shop manager told me today that it could be the dirty or greasy filter causing the problems, but there are no filters in any of the shops in this area.

oldfart

·
Registered
752 Posts
Heat it up. remove both plugs and your filter.

Let it sit and drain while you do the airfilters. Clean them and the box good.

reinstall the airfilters, replace the oil filter and your drain plugs (don't strip em like me :joke:) Put in the 3 quarts quarts, let it run, put in the .6 quarts, let it run 15 minutes, let it cool for 3 minutes check the oil and if it needs the .2 put it in let it idle a few wait 3 and check it.

Pain in the butt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll do it that way the next time it starts leaking. Thanks for the information.

oldfart

·
Registered
27 Posts
I changed the oil in mine yeserday and it sucked. I got the all the oil out change the oil filter.. I put 3.8 qu back in crank the bike 15 mins and let it set 3 mins, Picked up the bike to check the oil stick NO OIL. Called suzuki talk to them had them to get the shop maunal out and look.. The bike holds 4.7 qu dry... The hole thing is if you drank the oil in the bike cold it will holded 3.8 qu but if it is warm you will have to put 4.3 back in..

·
Registered
849 Posts
Oldfart,
The filter is, or should be a dry element to be cleaned with air only per your manual, not solvent, and the K&N Cleaning kit you're using is probably part of your problem. Insist the dealer get on the stick and get you a new filter or start calling Suzuki for one.
Jer
oldfart said:
Yes I have done that several times, using k&n filter cleaner to clean the filter and parts with. Each time the filter has been flooded with oil and there is oil on the inside of the housing. I let the bike run for at least 15 minutes before I check the oil. After the bike has sat for 5 minutes, I check the oil level. Have done this proceedure with the shop manager and by my self. After the bike has been riden for a certain amount of time I need to do the process all over again. The shop manager told me today that it could be the dirty or greasy filter causing the problems, but there are no filters in any of the shops in this area.

oldfart

·
Registered
817 Posts
SpeedCrazy said:
The hole thing is if you drank the oil in the bike cold it will holded 3.8 qu but if it is warm you will have to put 4.3 back in..
That's a mistake. No way this bike will hold 4.3 quarts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The sitting idle for 15 doesn't work well either. It is much better to ride it for a few miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excert for the Boss Hoss, I doubt if there is a bike out there that holds over 4 quarts. I am running 3.8 in mine and everything seems to be fine. Well, two days without puking. Wow, maybe I am on a good luck roll.

oldfart

·
Registered
752 Posts
It actually holds 5.2 quarts. If you do an engine rebuild it will take the full 5.2, if you change it without the filter change it takes 3.6 and with the filter change 3.8.

Makes you wonder what is floating around in that extra 1.4 quarts that we can't get out in the change. :dontknow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, that would be great. I am starting to believe that if I did'nt have bad luck I wouldnt have any luck at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Train, are you sure? I don't have a shop manual yet, so I don't know. The service manager at SL Honda/Suzuki has told me several times it only holds 3.8 with a new filter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts