M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm trying to reinstall my rear wheel and ran into a problem.
When I torque it to as recommended,the wheel doesn't move freely at all. It gets really tight. Took it off again,checked everything and looks like everything that needs to be there,is there.
Any ideas?
Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Are you installing a new wheel with new bearings?

If you are, it will be hard to move ie.... you can move with your hand using a little force, but it wont move freely

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the stock wheel,just got powder coated and yes ,new bearings. The bike has only 436 miles too.
It is impossible to move it by hand at all.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It is the stock wheel,just got powder coated and yes ,new bearings. The bike has only 436 miles too.
Then yes, it will be hard to move. As long as your can turn your wheel. Your bearings will losen up alittle after you go for a ride. Go for a ride, then come home and see if it changes.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thing is,the bike is far away from being rideble and it is way too tight..Like I said,it is impossible to move by hand.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thing is,the bike is far away from being rideble and it is way too tight..Like I said,it is impossible to move by hand.
If your bike is on a stand, and your bike is in neutral, you should be able to move your wheel a little.

How much force does it take to move your wheel?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When it was tighten only half way,I could still move it by hand,but once it was torqed to the 72, there is no way I could move it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
If you cant turn your wheel at all, then there is something wrong. I think when I installed my new wheels, I was only able to move my rear wheel if I used both hands to turn it. Mine was very tight. But I'm abnormally strong too. You should be able to move your wheel a little.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Double-check to make sure the hub splines are mated properly. If they aren't interlocked correctly, there'll be tension when you tighten everything down.

-Josh

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Chances are Lazlo, you do not have the wheel mated to the hub correctly. When you put the wheel on, before tightening the wheel up, put the bike in gear. You will be able to tell if the wheel is mated correctly, because it won't spin. If it is in gear and it spins like it is in neutral, then it is not mated right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
powder coated

hey,,, check if the paint is not to thick where the wheel meets the hub,,, had buddy with same problem,,,,hope it helps,,,,,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts