M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone.
I have a 2010 black & orange LE and have fitted a HC sideburner exhaust my model comes with O2 sensors I welded bungs into the exhaust and fitted them onto the exhaust I unclipped the black and white plugs and cut the black and brown wire from the black plug and when I started the bike the F1 light came on any ideas how I can get it to go out as I have been following the forum and have more a less done what BigpapaM109 has written about the only differance is I cut the wire instead of pulling it out the plug.
Thanks again Mark.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Good day everyone.
I have a 2010 black & orange LE and have fitted a HC sideburner exhaust my model comes with O2 sensors I welded bungs into the exhaust and fitted them onto the exhaust I unclipped the black and white plugs and cut the black and brown wire from the black plug and when I started the bike the F1 light came on any ideas how I can get it to go out as I have been following the forum and have more a less done what BigpapaM109 has written about the only differance is I cut the wire instead of pulling it out the plug.
Thanks again Mark.
Hi Mark,
First, do you know what code it is throwing. If not, go here and do this test. Just remember, start the bike up, then hit the kill switch but leave the ignition on, and perform this test.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86786

Then post up what your code is and we can diagnose it. Could be very simple. Cutting the wire versus pulling the pin is the same thing. I cut mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F1

Thanks for info BigpapaM109.
I did as you suggested and the code that I got was C46 I also moved the throttle and I saw that little bar move. Do you perhaps know what that code means and how I can fix it
Thanks again Mark..

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks for info BigpapaM109.
I did as you suggested and the code that I got was C46 I also moved the throttle and I saw that little bar move. Do you perhaps know what that code means and how I can fix it
Thanks again Mark..
The bar is your throttle position sensor. That doesn't apply to the problem. But, it is how you can check it so that is probably fine.

The code is for the set actuator. So, first thing I would do is double check and make sure you cut the correct wire on the harness. This is off memory, but with the tab up, it should be the 7th wire from the right and is black with a brown stripe I believe. It is on the bottom row.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I'm looking for the specific how to on the plug removal....when I find it I'll post it up here. But this thread I also found related to O2 sensor bikes. Not sure if it really applies but thought it was interesting.:bigthumbsup:
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105403&highlight=fixing+light
Good info Ben. I can believe the o2 part, but the other part I don't believe. The bike is no different, in my opinion, when it comes to the set valve and the ecu.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F1

Thanks BigpapaM109.
I double checked everything the wire on the main plug is as you say and then I also checked on the other side and I did cut the right wire the black and brown one from the black plug that has three wires going to it. any other suggestions and then also can I ride it like that as I cannot wait to hear what the exhaust is like.
Thanks again
Mark.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks BigpapaM109.
I double checked everything the wire on the main plug is as you say and then I also checked on the other side and I did cut the right wire the black and brown one from the black plug that has three wires going to it. any other suggestions and then also can I ride it like that as I cannot wait to hear what the exhaust is like.
Thanks again
Mark.
Something else is going on. I definitely would not ride it like that. You can start it up for a second to hear the exhaust if you want. lol Check the link Huff posted about the o2 sensors.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I dont see how it Threw a Code 46 , with the Black and brown wire cut at the Ecm , why did you cut the Wire at the Black connector ,i assume you mean at the SET vavle, i only had to cut the one wire at the computer .

some times there are problems if you dont erase the long term memory , disconnect the battery for a while ,like a half hour , then try it agian

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Is that what he said?

Did he say he cut the black wire with the brown stripe at the ECU? I read it as he cut it at the set valve or possibly the O2 sensor. I don't believe it will work that way.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Did he say he cut the black wire with the brown stripe at the ECU? I read it as he cut it at the set valve. I don't believe it will work that way.
he said he followed my write up about it and just cut the wire instead of pulling. I think it was the plug. But, I agree with Ooink, how is it he fi light on with that code with the proper wire cut.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Exactly!

he said he followed my write up about it and just cut the wire instead of pulling. I think it was the plug. But, I agree with Ooink, how is it he fi light on with that code with the proper wire cut.
There are black/brown stripe wires at the O2 sensors from what I see on the wiring diagram, I don't have them on my bike of course. If the wire was cut at the ECU, no signal would reach it. Isn't that how it works?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
By the way , Thanks for that Write up , It worked for me like Gold !!

the black and brown wire is the return for the Potentiometer in the set valve , so if either of the other wires are harmed it would set the code ,,,i think

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
F1 light.

Thanks to everyone for their input.
After a bit of reading and head scratching I decided to solder the wire back and put the set valve back with the cam that was supplied with the exhaust then I found a place in the right hand side cover next to the battery box to fit it so it is out of the way and the F1 light has now gone out will test it in the morning as it is a bit late now and I do not want to wake every one up.
A big thank you again.
Mark.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Glad you got it worked out. I still don't think you cut the correct wire. We are talking about the one at the ECU. Is that the one you cut?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Sorry there used to be a really good how to with pictures. I can't find it anywhere. A bunch of stuff has been deleted over the last couple years and a lot of the good stuff is now gone....I'll look some more but I double it's here.:-\

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Thanks BigpapaM109.
Thanks again
Mark.
I'm thinking he cut the wire at the set valve connector not at the ecu :noidea;

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Sorry there used to be a really good how to with pictures. I can't find it anywhere. A bunch of stuff has been deleted over the last couple years and a lot of the good stuff is now gone....I'll look some more but I double it's here.:-\
I've got that writeup in a pdf file. PM me your email if you still want it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts