M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a masive amount of oil leaking on the left air intake. I realize when I got home all the left side of the bike was cover on oil ( from intake all the way to the swing arm) and a line of oil behind me on street and driveway. Any idea what is the problem here?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If it left a trail of oil I would say it must be overfilled. Have you recently added or had the oil changed?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
if you left a trail wow that is alot of oil puking there is a ton of info just do a serch it does sound like it is way over full though these 9s are very sensative on the oil leval and there are some options to help with this issue

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the oil change a month ago and I been riding the bike since until it happened yesterday.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I would bet it's over full. Sometimes it takes a while to puke...even a month. Some people have noticed puking after long high rev runs. I would change the oil again and measure what comes out. maybe even let it drain over night.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would bet it's over full. Sometimes it takes a while to puke...even a month. Some people have noticed puking after long high rev runs. I would change the oil again and measure what comes out. maybe even let it drain over night.
Thank, I'll do that. I her that happen but not as bad as it happened to me.
Thanks u all.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
OK, i have the same thing. Can you drain some oil out without doing a complete oil change?
So how do you know how much to drain out? If it is showing over full on the dip stick I would say yes. But if it's not showing over full you're just guessing. Drain it and start over. When I fill after a change I start with 3.3 or so quarts. Ride a day and check, maybe add a little (4 oz) if not showing on the stick. But that's just me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Change the oil and measure it. Only way to really diagnose the problem. Its only 30 dollars in oil. What if its not the oil and its something else? Wanna do more damage? It clearly says 3400ml on the engine cover. Thats 3.4 bottles of suzuki oil since its measured metric. It has a nice guage on the side to be able to tell.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I have never heard of anyone leaving a trail of oil. I would check the oil filter, oil pan, both drain plugs to make sure that there is no damage to them. Did you pull both drain plugs when you changed your oil? Did you change your filter? How much oil did you put back in?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Change the oil and measure it. Only way to really diagnose the problem. Its only 30 dollars in oil. What if its not the oil and its something else? Wanna do more damage? It clearly says 3400ml on the engine cover. Thats 3.4 bottles of suzuki oil since its measured metric. It has a nice guage on the side to be able to tell.
3400ml if you don't change the oil filter,,,and the Suzuki oil is only 946ml per bottle, you're short changing yourself by 200ml,,witch it would make any difference,,,,

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had a masive amount of oil leaking on the left air intake. I realize when I got home all the left side of the bike was cover on oil ( from intake all the way to the swing arm) and a line of oil behind me on street and driveway. Any idea what is the problem here?
Were you also running it harder than usual for an extended time?? I had something similar happen to me after running 75-85 for a long time. (hours) with a couple of 90-100mph bursts Didnt leak oil before that...and hasnt since...even though I have run 70-75 for a good while since then.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So how do you know how much to drain out? If it is showing over full on the dip stick I would say yes. But if it's not showing over full you're just guessing. Drain it and start over. When I fill after a change I start with 3.3 or so quarts. Ride a day and check, maybe add a little (4 oz) if not showing on the stick. But that's just me.
I see what you are saying. Im going to take a look tonight after work.

thanks

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Were you also running it harder than usual for an extended time?? I had something similar happen to me after running 75-85 for a long time. (hours) with a couple of 90-100mph bursts Didnt leak oil before that...and hasnt since...even though I have run 70-75 for a good while since then.
:agree: This is valid data that hes giving above. Mine puked for the first time after extended high speeds. Never before that and my oil was NOT overfilled. I did the catch can mod and no problems since!

I searched for "Oil Puke" and got the below hits - -

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2044453

Then I did the fix recommended here - - -

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/sho...light=Oil+Puke

You are not alone!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I see what you are saying. Im going to take a look tonight after work.

thanks
you could just use a foil pan under the filter remove filter replace then run bike 2 min let it sit for an hour or over night do the cold check on the side stand add as you need aim for the hash marks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Puking

Had the same thing happen to my 07 M. I say take the advice and drain -- measure-- refill -- measure-- ride and take inventory. Do not forget to take in account the amount of oil left in the filter.

Ride on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have never heard of anyone leaving a trail of oil. I would check the oil filter, oil pan, both drain plugs to make sure that there is no damage to them. Did you pull both drain plugs when you changed your oil? Did you change your filter? How much oil did you put back in?
The oil was coming out from the left side intake, the filter was all flooded on oil.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
:pop: Can you say rings? :joke:

The trans don't brake in till 25,000 or so and the motor after 30,000.

Pushed at a young age it will puke.

Big, short pistons.

Thats my story and i'm sticking with it. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts