M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just starting on my stebel horn mod and when I took off the right side cover I see this electrical part that the previous owner probably installed. Anyone know what this silver triangle shape part is?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
That is the SET actuator that has the cam installed. You have an aftermarket exhaust and that is the new mounting point for the actuator due to the stock exhaust no longer being there.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i would just de-pin it out of the ECU so you can use that space for other more important things. its pin #7

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input guys. My first thought was a Set valve but wasn't sure since I'm not mechanically inclined when it comes to bikes but i am learning.

Now I need to figure out where to put the Stebel since the Set valve is in the side cover and the tach is relocated to the nacelle. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
i would just de-pin it out of the ECU so you can use that space for other more important things. its pin #7
:agree: Those fake SET things are useless. Totally non-funtional and can actually malfuntion causing your bike to throw an FI light/code putting your bike in limp mod.

Either pull the pin or cut the wire and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BobbyMac and Pynikal you guys are talking above my skill sets. Break it down in laymens terms. De-pin the ECU, cut the wire, I need a lil more explanation. ???

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
BobbyMac and Pynikal you guys are talking above my skill sets. Break it down in laymens terms. De-pin the ECU, cut the wire, I need a lil more explanation. ???
Go to the shop talk forum and click on Hink's frequently asked questions. There is section there for the SET valve and to remove the #7 pin from the ECU. It's very detailed with pictures. You can do the job in a 1/2 hour.

I just did it a week ago because my FI light came on.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
That is the SET actuator that has the cam installed. You have an aftermarket exhaust and that is the new mounting point for the actuator due to the stock exhaust no longer being there.
:agree:you nailed it:bigthumbsup: Looks like that horn is headed for the head light cowl:pop:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Go to the shop talk forum and click on Hink's frequently asked questions. There is section there for the SET valve and to remove the #7 pin from the ECU. It's very detailed with pictures. You can do the job in a 1/2 hour.

I just did it a week ago because my FI light came on.
Here you go, bro. Click on this link and all your questions should be answered:

http://www.bigpapam109.com/downloads/disable_set.pdf
:a18: Thanks guys, thats a great How-to for disabling the set. Now I can remove the Set Actuator and get my Stebel horn installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts