M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to install the KUR-2361s as front turn/running lights. This link from LAMONSTER, seems to me, to be instructions to make the KUR-2361s turn signals only.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2792.0

Coming from the bike on the right side there is a green wire, black/white wire, and orange/green wire.
Coming from the bike on the left side, there is a black wire, black/white wire, and another orange/green wire.

LAMONSTER's instructions do work to make the 2361's turn signals only, and there is no mention of the orange/green wire.

What do I need to do to make these running lights as well as turn signals?

I've seen that other M109R's have posted pictures with the 2361's as front signals, for those of you who've installed them, how did you do the wiring?

Â
Thank you. Â

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue wire from both the LEFT and RIGHT turn signals to the green wire from the right side of the bike?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
notlohdahc said:
The blue wire from both the LEFT and RIGHT turn signals to the green wire from the right side of the bike?

Â
No, you have a right green/orange and a left green/orange. I guess it would work if you did both to one side but there are two plugs.

See the two green wires in this picture?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I just went out and took my headlight apart to give you a better picture. This is the right side, do the same thing on the left side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lamonster. . .that is a better picture, sorry you had to go through the extra trouble. . . .thank you very much though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LAMONSTER. . . I got the 2361's working as both turn and running lights, thanks for the help.

My confusion with your original instructions was that I snipped out the old wire connectors, so I was working with an orange wire, green wire, and black/white wire. Looks like you snipped them keeping the connector between the old signal lights and the wires coming from the bike.

One last question, with the new signals setup as running/turn signals, should they "blink" on/off or just kind of pulse brighter when triggered? Just want to make I have everything working correctly.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts